WTB: Harman Kardon 730 or 930

Woodog

Subject says it. If you have either of these receivers and would be willing to part with it send me an email. I know about the offerings on Ebay but would rather deal with folks here.

Thanks

Woo (wishing he had jumped on D's 930 when it was up for sale)

D was my first thought,but I guess that's alreaday gone? I had a 730 for a short while,wish I never sold it.

Larry

Subject says it. If you have either of these receivers and would be willing to part with it send me an email. I know about the offerings on Ebay but would rather deal with folks here.

Thanks

I am pretty sure there's a guy locally that has a Harman Kardon 730 for sale. I just happen to see it while I was there to purchase other gear from him. I wasn't interested in it so I didn't even bother to ask him what he wanted for it. I did however get to hear it as it was playing when I arrived, so it does look and play good. I have no idea what these sell for so if your still intested in a 730 give me an idea and I'll make him a offer.

I bought 730 about a month ago for $100 with the shipping included. One owner and it looks great and sounds great. Just to give you an idea of the price range. I should have bought the 930 that Daddy Dee had up for sale a couple of months back but had just sent off some cash for a 430. It also sounds great and cant tell the difference from the 730 just not as much power. With the volume knob set at the 12 o'clock position on either unit it is very loud; cant keep it there for very long. The 10 o'clock position is just about right. Just some input for you. Later Bill

Thanks

You want a like new piece or something to lube and fix yourself.....

I have a 730 with a weak FM section(because I lubed it) and a 930 that works but needs the pots lubed.

Both work.... I paid more for them than you'll buy them for....

• Moderators

I love the 930 and would be happy with any of those models.

Arfandbark........Thank you....Thank you.....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you........I love it, if it dies, I will replace it with another, if it can't be fixed, guaranteed !

Sometimes I play my Yamaha and Forte's just because I feel guilty for not using it as much as I used too.

One day I want to hook up my Forte ll's to it just to hear how they sound with the 930.

I love the 930 and would be happy with any of those models.

Arfandbark........Thank you....Thank you.....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you........I love it, if it dies, I will replace it with another, if it can't be fixed, guaranteed !

Sometimes I play my Yamaha and Forte's just because I feel guilty for not using it as much as I used too.

One day I want to hook up my Forte ll's to it just to hear how they sound with the 930.

That's a good 930, Dtel. If you break it I'll be impressed.

Let me rephase that. If you break it I'll be impressed.

I'm not sure we've discussed the "thirty day law" before....

Anything in your possesion over thirty days falls under the thirty day law.

Full ownership rights. Receiver title transfer is automatic..

Bill,

I have a 430 powering my son's Tannoy SGM 10B speakers, and since I cleaned and lubed the pots on it it sounds very fine.

I'm interested in the 730 or 930 because both of those models have good power and both can also accept inputs directly into the power amp section from a mixing board.

I'll be replacing an Onkyo TX-4500III receiver that works fine but has none of the warmth I enjoy with the 430.

The extra power is just, well, wanted because it'll be powering 4 Cornwalls at my church, a LARGE space.

There currently a nice 730 on Ebay that I'm watching, but I rather buy a fixer upper from folks here than a pristine one from there. I've gotten quite a few good deals through this forum.

Woo

Hey Woo: Either one of those units should do the job vey well. I have been driving a pair of cornwall's with these units and as stated eariler they have plenty of power for them. I just wish the 930 had more output; 60 watts would be great but something in the 75 or 80 watt range would be nice. Later Bill