Tube tester?

hwatkins

I am getting too many tube dependencies - who has a suggestion for a reasonably priced tube tester? I am not interested in deep detailed testing - just a reference for expected life, etc. (off course - if the lesser expensive alternative gives me three pages of detail that is OK).

Thanks for your help.

Henry, I'll be home this weekend, and I have a respectable tester that you can use while I am in Chitown(about 5 more months.) That would easily get you over the hump, and it's fun learning how to do the testing yourself. The setup has instructions, the built in values wheel, and a large range of pin connections....pretty straightforward. I could drop it at the Reavis/Lemay bank if you want on Saturday.

Henry, I'll be home this weekend, and I have a respectable tester that you can use while I am in Chitown(about 5 more months.) That would easily get you over the hump, and it's fun learning how to do the testing yourself. The setup has instructions, the built in values wheel, and a large range of pin connections....pretty straightforward. I could drop it at the Reavis/Lemay bank if you want on Saturday.

What a wonderful offer Dave - I'll PM later or call this weekend.

Getting over the hump may be just the ticket. I think getting my own will be a pricey venture, but it is starting to look like what I run across with my pinball machine - if I don't pay and learn to fix it myself I'll really spend some dollars later on....

Henry try to get this one. It was Sencore's top of the
line. I wouldn't go over $200. Looks to be in great shape
but you never can tell. I had Craig build me a little device for my
Sencore MU140 Contental (cheaper earlier version) to help
align it, and I can let you borrow that if you end up acquiring this
tester.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SENCORE-TUBE-TESTER-MODEL-MU150-W-MANUAL-NR_W0QQitemZ270085822058QQihZ017QQcategoryZ25422QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I
would also keep an eye out for a Hickok 600A The two I looked at
on Ebay seem to be priced a little high, but they come up often.
One of the coolest looking things I own and can be used as a
conversation piece when not in use.

PS Don't buy a tester without manual and tube chart. If it's a roll chart make sure it's in good order.