New DeanG Cross-overs

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

I ordered a pair of replacment AA cross-overs (Auricap version) from Dean which he promptly sent me, TWO MONTHS AGO. They have been sitting in a box in my garage this whole time and so I am going to go get them hooked up right now. I spoke to Dean on Friday to ask him about his Jubilee project, KHorns, etc., it got me motivated to finally get these things in and give them a try. So, it is 6:30 p.m. her in Austin and I am going to go get started and give them a try. I will try and take a couple of photos along the way, and a review. Maybe this will get me moving and done on this.

Travis

I assume you are using something stock or of stock parts quality?

If so, you will enjoy the upgrade in caps. Give them a week or two in system before making any real judgements. I had Dean build me a set of V-Cap networks in type AA, and am very pleased with the results. Having the opportunity to hear different caps is very enlightening.

It is ALL in the details.

• Moderators

I assume you are using something stock or of stock parts quality?

If so, you will enjoy the upgrade in caps. Give them a week or two in system before making any real judgements. I had Dean build me a set of V-Cap networks in type AA, and am very pleased with the results. Having the opportunity to hear different caps is very enlightening.

It is ALL in the details.

Audible,

Dean was very helpful, we spent a lot of time talking over various cross-overs, cap options, etc. We discussed the difference between V-Caps and Auri Caps based on this recommendations. I am sure most folks are familar with Dean's crossovers, but I thought I would post a few picks so they can get an idea if they are thinking about it. First photo is of crossover right out of the box

post-15134-13819324962104_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Cool Travis,

I am working the night shift tonight. I will keep this thread bookmarked and keep up with it tonight!!

Patrick,

Hope this provides a little entertainment for the night shift. Sorry it was not anything better. Where in Wy are you located again, I forgot. Did I tell you I do the 1 Shot in Lander fairly often? Do you hunt at all?

Travis

No. I just had a question on the differences between a red vs. green bar spool gadget there. I have a green one like the pic in Cornwalls (gosh I love those babies), and red in my khorns.

So - did you give them a listen yet? I have that same foam for a seal, same speaker cable, and same yellow spades. (Had to pinch in the yellow spades a bit to fit)... :)

Cool Travis,

I am working the night shift tonight. I will keep this thread bookmarked and keep up with it tonight!!

Patrick,

Hope this provides a little entertainment for the night shift. Sorry it was not anything better. Where in Wy are you located again, I forgot. Did I tell you I do the 1 Shot in Lander fairly often? Do you hunt at all?

Travis

Hey Travis,

I have not hunted in years I like to fish though. I am in Cheyenne. Can the squalkers be attenuated on this network? It looks like they can't I'm anxious to hear your impressions on the new networks!

• Moderators

I just checked my paypal transactions for the last year -- Travis had those sitting in the box since November! Good grief, forget the pictures and running commentary and just dig out the music.

Yeah,

But in there I had a couple of trials, one was a high profile case for a student protester, and I went on a cruise, so that time doesn't count.

Travis

• Moderators

Congrats on the crossovers.

Keep us updated on changes that you notice.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Well the installation of the crossovers has led me to the realazation that my misspent youth has finally caught up with me. Very depressing really. I will write more later when I am sure of what the situation is. This obviously has nothing to do whatsoever with Dean's crossovers.

Paul, when are you and your wife going to be in Austin? Does she still come down for school frequently?

Travis