Wanna show off your racks?

tommyboy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more impressed with the size of the rooms I am seeing than the gear. 

In the NYC area, cost of reale estate results in very small size rooms. 

I'm seeing HT rooms here bigger than the first floor of my 3 floor $570,000 home.

I have all my in-use gear in my home office while the HT room under goes construction.

The size of my home office is so small, I can not get far away enough from my in-use gear to get everything in a photo.

Roc, before you get jumped on by the bandwidth police, try this: after downloading your photos, pull up the photo you want to post/right click on it, there should be a menu, choose edit/hopefully opens the pic in "paint"/click on "image" at the top, then "stretch-skew"/put in something less than around 40% in both the horizontal and vertical boxes. Save it (click save as after clicking on "file") with the title of your choice, then choose this newly sized pic when posting. Been there, learned that after posting giant files to the forum.

Thanks ot. My posted pics appear normal on my PC. Are they showing up too large on yours or what?

Yeah, they start out huge then the forum software resizes them, which makes for longer downloads, especially for dial-up users. It is one of those quirks of computers I guess, that it shows up normal for you because you have the pic on your hard drive but for others it is much larger.

"Dial-up users? What's that? This is 2007 isn't it? And life's too short, isn't it? (with apologies to the Lafayettes)

I am more impressed with the size of the rooms I am seeing than the gear.

In the NYC area, cost of reale estate results in very small size rooms.

I'm seeing HT rooms here bigger than the first floor of my 3 floor $570,000 home.

I have all my in-use gear in my home office while the HT room under goes construction.

The size of my home office is so small, I can not get far away enough from my in-use gear to get everything in a photo.

You need to move to Baltimore, Maryland, where the rooms are big and the cost of living is small. Of course, then you will have to spend more on your equipment but so what.

Yeah but it is in canada.

I guess that it is true that housing and real estate values are based on location, location, location.

• Moderators

Roc, that's a big rack ! Huge !

dtel are you referring to my system or my wife?

I was talking about the moose or elk, whatever that thing is your wife is standing by, but both are very nice looking ! [Y]

Roc, that's a big rack ! Huge !

dtel are you referring to my system or my wife?

I was talking about the moose or elk, whatever that thing is your wife is standing by, but both are very nice looking ! [Y]

See how dumb I am? I didn't even consider the moose. But now that I understand, you made a good joke.

dtel thanks for the remaining comment in your last post.

BTW, how are your forte/forte IIs performing these days?

I am finding it unbelievably easy to surpass 110db with my new system which is really dangerous but soooo tempting to do. I've always been a high volume man but someday maybe I will pay the price. However, maybe it will be a good thing to be stone cold deaf in hell. That way I won't have to listen to Arthur Brown which would make me suffer hell in hell.