Wanna show off your racks?

tommyboy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the rack I wish I had: [;)]

Nice Royal (7x7), I have a nice 6x6, but I have never come close to a Royal when it counted.

Travis

Hey, good eye, Travis! I only wish I could take credit for it. My buddy said it scored in the 370's B&C (I think). He's got others, too. The guy must have over 30 various mounts between his office and his house.

The Elk in this photo is a different one mounted on an opposite wall. There are various deer (whitetail and mulie) visible too.

post-10177-13819325910286_thumb.jpg

Tom Adams - What are the 2 silver pieces at the very bottom of your rack? Under the Belkin gadget?

From top to bottom:

Comcast HD digital cable box, Mitsubishi HD digital VHS VCR, Denon 3910 DVD player, B&K Reference 50 S2, Belkin Pure AV PF31, Parasound Halo A23 (2x125), and Parasound A52 (5x125)

Tom

Ok, the gizmo on top of the '74 Cornwall to the left is a Conrad Johnson PV3, CJ's bottom line pre-amp from back in the 1980's I think.

Then the gadget on top of the rack is a Rega P3 turntable with their bottom-end cart.

The big doohickey is the aforementioned Marantz 8B a stereo amplifier highly regarded and highly sought after from about 1960 (?)

Underneath that is whatchamacallit, A Marantz 7T (for transistor) a solid state pre-amp that mates well with the 8B, mid '60's.

The black thingamabob underneath it is an Ah! 99 tubed cd player and the whatsis on the bottom is a Monster power conditioner.

Seti and me were talking about racks and he suggested I try an old console. This thing was covered with multi-coats of black paint. Couldn't finish the restoration due to winter. I have a piece of '75 CW grill cloth that matches my CW's for the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry Meagain. Top to bottom: JMA "little brick" Merlin pre W/Mullard-AH! CDP W/Upsamp- 2ea '80 Luxman M-117's in BTL

post-13095-13819325928054_thumb.jpg

Seti and me were talking about racks and he suggested I try an old console. This thing was covered with multi-coats of black paint. Couldn't finish the restoration due to winter. I have a piece of '75 CW grill cloth that matches my CW's for the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry Meagain. Top to bottom: JMA "little brick" Merlin pre W/Mullard-AH! CDP W/Upsamp-  2ea '80 Luxman M-117's in BTL

Wow nice console! Yours is purdier than mine. The GF called a couple minutes ago to say she bought a table at an antique store but also spotted a console with tubes! Although she didn't buy me this one I do get to go scout it out : )

Seti and me were talking about racks and he suggested I try an old console. This thing was covered with multi-coats of black paint. Couldn't finish the restoration due to winter. I have a piece of '75 CW grill cloth that matches my CW's for the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry Meagain. Top to bottom: JMA "little brick" Merlin pre W/Mullard-AH! CDP W/Upsamp- 2ea '80 Luxman M-117's in BTL

Wow nice console! Yours is purdier than mine. The GF called a couple minutes ago to say she bought a table at an antique store but also spotted a console with tubes! Although she didn't buy me this one I do get to go scout it out : )

Seti,

I am looking forward to completing the restoration, and expect that it will look nice. BUT, notice my size restriction in that little nook. It fits the space, but I had to go UP with the gear. Makes me a little nervous. I removed the component feet and replaced them with PVC couplings to allow more air to flow between the units. The power conditioner is behind the doors. The console that you found appears to be much wider than mine, and I like that. I had a dream that one of the bottom PVC spacers split, and everything rolled off and fell to the floor. (the power amps weigh 108 pounds) I woke at 2:00AM, got up and walked into the LR to check. I like it that your cab is wide enough to spread things out a bit.

tc

Slammin, I caught your comments but didn't have time to reply. I really do like the look. It has a sort of modern contrasts with traditional, and the wood veneer is superb.I know it was only a dream but here's a suggestion if you truly are worried about the pvc. Try some hockey pucks. They are black you can glue them together if needed and several others here say they help with resonances.

Here's my other rack. It's an old Grundig console, made and sold in Germany (not an export model). Big old beast that works but needs refreshing both mechanically and appearance-wise.

post-14801-13819325962936_thumb.jpg