What's wrong with the Forums @ Klipsch?

boomac

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he was sucking up....that is his first wife's name......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

=======================

Roy how long you been maried?

I have survived 4 kids and one wife for 24 years as of St Patrick's Day this month. Sucking up to the wife is a core competency for me.

Scott, did you get my e-mail? I'll copy it into a PM in a minute.

I've gotten bored myself, I think because I see the same questions and comments come up repeatedly, and I'm almost tired of the same ol' answers. Also, I get more reluctant to post as time goes by because I don't like to be repetitive, especially around members I know have read it from me before, and as I've become more appreciative of the depth of knowledge of individuals who should reply instead of me.

That said, I think that interest in reading and posting is partly generated by a back-and-forth of views and information, but I think -- I'm not sure -- there isn't as much "what Bob said" or "I agree with Joe" mutual responsiveness that I used to see.

Good topic, thanks for starting the discussion.

Larry

Boring? Anything but. I've learned more around here in the last three months then I have in the last two years.

Problem is everything you have learned is completely false. Besides its easy for you to overcome the dull drums you just throw away another few grand.

he was sucking up....that is his first wife's name......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

=======================

Roy how long you been maried?

I have survived 4 kids and one wife for 24 years as of St Patrick's Day this month. Sucking up to the wife is a core competency for me.

coming up on 19 years.....dude that's a long time.....but i have loved every minute of it honey.....hey? where did that come from......

survived is a very good description of kids. i have one already married and bringing me another speaker engineer er i mean grandson and one about to graduate this year. let me tell you, my mom and dad had 5, the nuts, and every year that goes by, my respect and admiration for raising us heathens goes up tractrixically (instead of exponentially since it has better loading you know). i also apologize for being a jerk son and putting them thru stuff. and they did when there wasn't any "medication" easily available.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps congrats on the 24, you suck up!!

You cannot learn to play baseball by sitting in the bleachers reading the program.

Exuse me. In 1982 I had half as much money into my vinyl rig as I had into my speakers (DQ-10s). It was the same then as digital is now, you're at the mercy of the recording engineer. I had more mediocre sounding records then than I have mediocre sounding CD's now. In fact, the high bit remasters stomp anything I ever had on vinyl, and I was using a $300 moving coil (in 1981 dollars).

In between getting my head put in a vice with the "fourm five" cranking away, I tried to stir up some re-newed intrests in things folks like to do.

Waiting to hear back on the tube rolling adventures with the 4 dollar 12AUA7A National tubes that we sold 65 of in 7hrs.

DIY projects are always fun...recent LaScala re-cab by NJbob was intresting...he didn't wast anytime.

I do note that there seems to be less crossover talk going on....was wondering if that had to do with the success of Bob's pre-packaged DIY kits.

I'm looking to do some low cost DIY phono tube stages as well as a DIY tube active xover. I have my sights on a few schematics and want to do a dry run soon.

There are some folks who seemed to have flown south for the winter....maybe they will be back in the spring.

You cannot learn to play baseball by sitting in the bleachers reading the program.

Exuse me. In 1982 I had half as much money into my vinyl rig as I had into my speakers (DQ-10s). It was the same then as digital is now, you're at the mercy of the recording engineer. I had more mediocre sounding records then than I have mediocre sounding CD's now. In fact, the high bit remasters stomp anything I ever had on vinyl, and I was using a $300 moving coil (in 1981 dollars).

At least "da troll" got you to stop talking about speakers, amps and networks for a minute. [:D]

Problem is everything you have learned is completely false. Besides its easy for you to overcome the dull drums you just throw away another few grand.

Define "everything". I have a feeling that "everything" entails stuff you know less about than I do (horns, drivers, and networks), so I don't see how you can say what's false and what isn't. As for the loss on the Klipschorns, I'm losing about $2K. I paid $5500, and the mods ran about $300 more than what I sold the AK-4 parts for. I sold them for $3500 without networks, and I'll recoup a bit more when I build Steve's networks. I lost money, but it's an acceptable loss to me for the upgrade. On that note, I'm sorry that you think moving to the Jubilee is a waste of money, and that it doesn't have anything on a Klipschorn "in the real world", but I think I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't know what you mean by doldrums, I've said more often then I can recollect that I'm perfectly happy with the sound from my Klipschorns. In fact, there is a slight chance they may not be going anywhere, but there's no sense in going into any detail about that. I wouldn't want to bore anyone.

I dont think it has much to do with a change in people. It seems the personality of the Forum has changed. Two Channel was known as the opinionated, provocative and sometimes even nasty Forum. Hell, there were some members scared to even come here. Two Channel had a reputation and damn if there wasnt something fun about that. Now its like oh gosh isnt it nifty to give Rodney King his wish!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />