Klipsch an obscure brand ?

thoppa

Hi,

I had never heard of Klipsch until about a year ago when I was following threads on efficient loudspeakers. This might be because I'm from the UK, but I used to work in a hi-fi shop with all the usual brands like Wharfedale, B+W, Kef, etc. Here in HK, it seems almost no-one has heard of the them (or can pronounce them either) and they try to get well over the list price for them too.

So are Klipsch widely known in the US ? How did you hear about them ?

Just curious...

Cheers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly anyone who isn't into audio will know them. That's true of all of the people I work with except a former co-worker who is a drummer. He was very familiar with Klipsch.

'Nuff said!

That's the most depressing comment I have heard yet!

Hardly anyone who isn't into audio will know them. That's true of all of the people I work with except a former co-worker who is a drummer. He was very familiar with Klipsch.

'Nuff said!

What's wrong with a drummer who likes Klipsch? [^o)]

'Nuff said!

What's wrong with a drummer who likes Klipsch? [^o)]

Oh, and I guess you mean aside from their being the final arbiters of high fidelity?....

How much time ya got?

ROFLMAO!

Go ask some working musicians!

Just make sure they aren't harmonica players. ...Now I am being redundant...

ROFLMAO!

Where's the Doc when you need him?

• Moderators

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

• Moderators

That's the problem with forums. It's hard for me to distinguish between "teasing" and being completely rude. It looks the same to me.

If he was picking on someone specific as a joke, then I apologize. And yes, there are a few people who work here that would take offense to that if they didn't realize it was all in good fun.

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

Rude?

You obviously are not familiar with MUSIC INDUSTRY standard jokes regarding drummers in the music industry! In fact the best drummer jokes I know were told to me BY drummers! Drummers are ALWAYS the butt of the jokes about musicians in rock! And I will be sure to inform them that they are "ridiculous" as well!

And the reference to harmonica players is just a Nashville addendum!

Just google "drummer jokes".

Here I will do it for you!:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=drummer+jokes&btnG=Google+Search

ROFLMAO!

Explaining a JOKE is always fun isn't it!

It appears that speakers aren't the only things about which some are unaware.