Klipsch an obscure brand ?

thoppa

• Moderators

Amy glad your feeling better !

Thanks, dtel. Was it that obvious?

No it wasn't obvious at all, I had read a while back you were not feeling well and when I saw you posting the other day just thought maybe you were feeling better.

I didn't want to just start a thread to ask how you were feeling and look like I was sucking up to the boss ! [;)]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't obvious at all, I had read a while back you were not feeling well and when I saw you posting the other day just thought maybe you were feeling better.

I didn't want to just start a thread to ask how you were feeling and look like I was sucking up to the boss ! [;)]

Having met dtel last summer, I don't think "sucking up" is a thing that he does. Sounds like you are better...Glad you are home and recovering.......

tc

• Moderators

Having met dtel last summer, I don't think "sucking up" is a thing that he does. Sounds like you are better...Glad you are home and recovering.......

tc

Doing fine IB, thanks.

A little sucking up here and there never hurts, but a new thread would have surely would have pushed me to the top of the list of suck up's, with the beautiful and talented Amy. OK I don't suck up very well she will see through that one, but I meant well ! [;)]

Here in the UK, out of all the audio shops I have been to, Warfedale seems to be the "Bose" of speakers here. you see them everywhere. I've noticed that locals here are nowhere near as much into home audio/ home theater as Americans. I have yet to see a British home with a Big Screen, or big speakers. I mean Klipsch big when I say that.

Most homes in the UK have small rooms (leading to small speakers and small TVs) because they're heated with coal fireplaces. You close the door when you go from the heated living room to the unheated hallway. As central heating catches on, maybe homes will start to be built with larger rooms (leading to bigger speakers and bigger TVs).

At present in the UK, big speakers are mostly found in palatial (by UK standards) homes. My cousin in Belfast is happy with his mini-monitors.

I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks. I live in England, and our home is VERY small. (about 700 sq ft.) Our living room is only 14 long by 12 wide. I still managed to get all my gear and speakers and 52" TV in there. There is absolutely no room now though. My wife has had "break downs" about all my gear though. She went totally crazy one time and told me to get those cute, little cube speakers that you can hardly even notice. (B0$E) But it kind of flipped around on her. I told her that I wasn't planning on having these speakers forever. She said good, but she didn't know that I meant I'm getting bigger ones! I promised her I wouldn't buy any more speakers until we get a larger home.

• Moderators

I blame all my erradic behavior, mood swings, weekend posting, sensitivity in general on my prescription pain meds. [:)]

And to keep it on topic, it does seem Klipsch is quite an obscure brand. I'd guess 75% of people have no clue what I'm talking about when I tell them where I work. And the 25% that do are all men.

Here in the UK, out of all the audio shops I have been to, Warfedale seems to be the "Bose" of speakers here. you see them everywhere. I've noticed that locals here are nowhere near as much into home audio/ home theater as Americans. I have yet to see a British home with a Big Screen, or big speakers. I mean Klipsch big when I say that.

Most homes in the UK have small rooms (leading to small speakers and small TVs) because they're heated with coal fireplaces. You close the door when you go from the heated living room to the unheated hallway. As central heating catches on, maybe homes will start to be built with larger rooms (leading to bigger speakers and bigger TVs).

At present in the UK, big speakers are mostly found in palatial (by UK standards) homes. My cousin in Belfast is happy with his mini-monitors.

I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks. I live in England, and our home is VERY small. (about 700 sq ft.) Our living room is only 14 long by 12 wide. I still managed to get all my gear and speakers and 52" TV in there. There is absolutely no room now though. My wife has had "break downs" about all my gear though. She went totally crazy one time and told me to get those cute, little cube speakers that you can hardly even notice. (B0$E) But it kind of flipped around on her. I told her that I wasn't planning on having these speakers forever. She said good, but she didn't know that I meant I'm getting bigger ones! I promised her I wouldn't buy any more speakers until we get a larger home.

A 52" TV?!? Do all your mates drop in for every football match? [:D][Y]

ummmmm, my house is somewhere between 1500 and 1700 square ft., and I only have a 13 inch tv. But I do have LaScalas in the living room. [Y] Heresies in the master bedroom and will put my JBL 4311s in the spare room one of these days. I have more, but... it sure is getting crowded around here.