Eddie B. Lookin Good

IB Slammin

What is his major malfunction ? Come on Eddie, get your head out of the bottle...............25 years last year and NO TOUR, you guys are foolish, I have stated before, Get Dave and Sammy, yes, both of them, and go on tour, let them both sing their Van Halen songs, fill the arenea's, make a few bucks, give your fans a SHOW, instead of this poor side show they are running now...........Just my thoughts................

• Moderators

Is that really Eddie? He looks like sh*t... What happened?

time+gravity

I heard Eddie in concert in 1988 and then again summer of 2004....He still sounded great, but he's definitely lost his edge...or passion...or abilities... or something. I hope he can snap out of whatever he's going through...he was always one of my favorites.

Very sad indeed. The latest apparent update is that Ed has checked himself into rehab, and the upcoming reunion tour wth Roth and Ed's son "Wolfgang" (replacing Michael Anthony) is on hold indefinitely. Sure, there are other better pictures of Eddie out there, but that pic pretty much sums him up (between the booze, drugs and hip probs).

Also sad that only Sammy and Michael Anthony showed up for the band's induction into the rock 'n rol HOF. The rumour is that Roth nixed showing up when he had a disagreement with Velvet Revolver (the house band at the induction) about which songs Roth would sing that day.

A shame. Saw the band in both incarnations (the last bozo - Sharone doesn't count), and they will always be one of my favorites.

Carl.

Agreed OB, and the bottle has not been very nice to Eddie either as he looks older than Larry King[:o]

..................... 'he looks older than Larry King".........................

Yep, but not as old as Bob Crites. [H]

tc

EDIT: For new forum members. Bob is a fellow Arky, a real contributor to this place, a person that I respect and consider a good friend in audio. Friends take certain good-natured liberties with each other.

This will be my last jab at BEC. I will no longer stoop to or lower myself to reply to his mean-spirited remarks about my challenged physical stature.

A man of his age should be ashamed of himself!

tc