MY WIFE AND DOG FOR A PAIR OF MINT FORTE IIs

Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, just curious about the difference between the one and two. I already have LSI's and Cornwalls but the fortes would fit well in my bedroom system. Is 450 a good price??

$450 is a very good price if they are in good condition. When Klipsch began making the Forte II they increased the size of the passive radiator on the back from 12" to 15" and they changed the shape and hence the sound of the mid-range horn for more sound dispersion. To most, these are minor differences that probably can't be heard. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and so I want to achieve all oiled walnut Forte IIs in my system. I am sure that you would be equally happy with either Fortes or Forte IIs.

The last pair of Forte IIs that I bought I paid $575 + $40 delivery to meet me in NY to pick them up. Your $450 price is really pretty good. If they are in good condition, go for it!!!

Fortes will definitely fill your bedroom up with sound and probably make sex seem even better than ever as a bonus.

Thanks for the response Roc. I am going to see if they're still available. Does anyone else have opinions on the Fortes?

You mean that it takes more than one person trading their wife and dog for Forte speakers to convince you?

dtel, add your two cents please.

You're right, considering the amount of money some have spent to trade their wives for freedom they must be better than SET through Jubilees. I just wondered why you don't hear much about these speakers compared to other Klipsch. I now have A Scott 233 and LSI's in my gameroom, Scott 222 and cornwalls in my living room so why not a klipsch trifecta!

I have a pair of Fort'e 1s and they are KILLER Rock speakers! They were the first Klipsch that I owned and now it is a long list. I am using them as mains in my HT setup and they sound fantastic. I really don't hear that much difference between the 1s and 2s, in a HT setup, if you keep them paired (mains the same and rears the same) I don't think you would EVER hear any difference between the two as there is different material coming from each pair. I have Quartets as rears to my Fort'e mains and the match is wonderful. BUY THOSE SPEAKERS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THEM, THAT IS A GOOD PRICE!

• Moderators

Thanks for the response Roc. I am going to see if they're still available. Does anyone else have opinions on the Fortes?

You mean that it takes more than one person trading their wife and dog for Forte speakers to convince you?

I get myself in enough trouble with one wife, although I cause most of it, I know for a fact.

I get myself in enough trouble with one wife, although I cause most of it, I know for a fact.

dtel.......................ever the diplomat.

I meant add your two cents about how good fortes & forte IIs are, not the other thing.

Roc, I get a kick out of how many hits this thread topic has gotten since you started it[;)]

Thank you so much but you are only encouraging me to continue........which I will, of course.!!!

Plus I get a commission from Klipsch for the number of words I enter in the forum.

• Moderators

dtel.......................ever the diplomat.

I meant add your two cents about how good fortes & forte IIs are, not the other thing.

Oh .... Well let me just say, Side by side with ths Cornwall lll, considering the difference in price the Forte ll does VERY well [Y]

• Moderators

Can't just leave it at that, the Forte ll should have been one of the models to bring back from the dead. Forte lll { easy for me to say }.

Just DON"T change the mid range driver, actually the only change that may improve the sound would be to make it a front ported speaker like the Cornwall instead of a PR.

But I'm not a speaker builder so maby the cabinet was not be big enough for that or it may not be an improvement ?

I just got very lucky to get some Forte ll's, I was looking for Heresy's when a pair of F ll's came up local !

I wouldn't trade them for Hersy's { excluding H lll's } !

• 2 weeks later...

I joined this forum yesterday and already I'm getting sucked in! I like the back and forth banter between everybody. Life's too short to get serious about everything.

I'm thinking that people who really love music provide themselves time to listen.

Oh, and does your wife do windows?

Rick

I joined this forum yesterday and already I'm getting sucked in! I like the back and forth banter between everybody. Life's too short to get serious about everything.

I'm thinking that people who really love music provide themselves time to listen.

Oh, and does your wife do windows?

Rick

I can only answer your question if you can verify that you have some Forte IIs available for a trade. Do you?

• 3 weeks later...