Greetings from Seattle!

Mike Lindsey

Well, I made it here safely and am writing this from my hotel room in downtown Seattle. Tomorrow I start a new job where I will be here for the next 8 - 10 weeks or so (Sun - Thu). From what I could tell during the cab ride this is a very beautiful place, with lots of lush greenery, beautiful mountains and lots of water. Definitely, my kind of place. :-)

I won't get a chance to do much except for the evenings, but if anyone is nearby and wants to get together let me know. Also, anyone know of some good record stores downtown? I'm staying right off of 5th ave and do not have a rental.

Mike

Mike,

Bob lives in the Seattle "area". I'm not sure if he's 15 minutes outside of town or 6 hours. I suspect it might be a couple hours. none the less, Bob isn't really active on the forum at ALL and he's the one who bought the Jubilees out there.

Dunno if you'd be interested in trying to hookup with him or not, I'd be happy to send him an email on your behalf & then let the two of you figure anything out.

Again, I don't know how far outside of town he lives but I DO suspect it might be a couple hours so I don't know how that might cramp your chances.

Mike,

I've sent an email to Bob and have yet to hear back.

If you want to PM me your email address, if he responds back to me with an affirmative, I'll send it on to him. I've emailed him this thread. He's not active on the forum so there's no way he'd accidently stumble onto this.

Used to be a really good record store down in the bowels of the Pike Place Market. No idea if it is still there or not, but the Market is worth a visit either way.

There is a small very interesting book out called "Fish", about Pike Place Fish, a world famous market that is successful due to it's fun atmosphere and great customer service. Apparently this place is something to see even if you don't want any fish.

The book is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone.

If you find this place and it's anything as real as the book says so, let me know!

Thanks, Pat

Welcome to the Great Northwest. I live south of Seattle, about 45 minutes down I-5, in a city called University Place. It used to be a suburb of Tacoma but several years ago we became a city. I am just a few miles from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. They are building a new bridge right next to the existing one and are pretty close to completion. Pretty cool to have been able to see the ongoing construction of this thing. If you get an opportunity to check it out you may want to do that. I know of a record store on N. 45th st. in Seattle called Golden Oldies. They have a pretty large selection of used vinyl. I venture up that way on occasion to look for records that I want. I have a hard time buying things off the internet, ( I guess that's the old school thinking of mine). I would be happy to come by on a weekend and drive you to this store if you like. I know they are open on Sundays. Let me know if you are interested.

Tom

I can't remember the name, but there is a really good record store right by the university. I will try and found out the name, but I bought a bunch of albums and they all were in good shape and they even have some TT, albeit not the best, but you can give them a listen. The one record store in the pike market area is down in the dungeon and it is not too bad either. I will do some fishing and get back to you. To bad you are so far away. Bob's Jubilee's are truly fantastic, and his knowledge is incredible, he and I have been doing some dealings and he is a class act.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am not able to get on during the days and am exhausted by the time I get back to my room, so be patient with me. :) Things are really hectic right now and it's gonna take a bit of time before I have some free time on my hands.

I am aware of the Pikes Fish Market and will check that out next week when I come back. One of the jazz bars is literally around the corner from me but nothing interests me this week. The other one is about a 20 minute walk so will probably catch that next week as well. Anyway, I'm pretty beat and am going to get something to eat and am gonna rack early tonight. Will update tomorrow when I get a chance.

Mike

• 2 months later...