Ever have a REALLY bad week?

mungkiman

Would you like to tell us about it?

I'm still
working through my end of this week (I'll comment when appropriate),
but some "horror" stories might make me feel better! Any topic that is
OK with Amy, or even from Amy, is OK with me.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Take care of each other...and yourselves.

I had a weekend from hell last weekend.

On Friday my home sewage line sort of exploded...... The only people that can relate are those that have been there. I was lucky my brother was in town and has some plumbing experience. The plumbing under the house was honky rigged so we rebuilt it and then we could not find the sewar lines as they left my house. We rented three snakes none of them were long enough and to top it off the house didn't have a clean out so guess what we got to do..... We dug up the backyard till we found the line and cut a large section out and installed the clean out. This is were I start feeling optimistic we moved the snake to the backyard and ran it out but still no flow and a backyard full of sewage. I have completed my lessons in not puking. Monday I called the city and they told me I had to do all these crazy things spend lots of money but when the guys from city works showed up they had it flowing in 30 minutes.

Lessons learned 
Plumbers are worth evey penny of $80+ hour
Tell girlfriend not to flush when you are under the house working on said plumbing :(
Having a brother good with plumbing priceless

Question
How do I get the sewar smell out of my backyard!?

• Moderators

The smell will go away in a few days, but then the grass and weeds will be growing like crazy !

Want to hear something crazy, the new rural septic tank requirements were changed a couple of years ago here. The " new " system had a second tank used as an overflow from the first tank for just liquids. Instead of a field bed a few hundred feet long they made people put in a pump with sprinkler heads on them to sprinkle the yard ! [:|] It took a while but they changed there mind on that idea .

As I lay in bed with tubes, and wires, and a pump, my chest cut open, hooked up to a few monitoring devices, and all this on my birthday, to boot, nah, I guess I've never had a bad week................................NOT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here though..............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

As I lay in bed with tubes, and wires, and a pump, my chest cut open, hooked up to a few monitoring devices, and all this on my birthday, to boot, nah, I guess I've never had a bad week................................NOT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here though..............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is about 1 step from the worst week possible, hope I can never say " I know what you mean ".

Glad your past that week OB !

If this makes you feel any better, have you ever worked 16-18 hours a day, for 26 continuous days without a single day off? Then only get one day off, (sunday) and have to go back to work on Monday? (with no kind of over time pay) In the military, really bad weeks become a common thing. But you learn to roll with the punches. But you know youre dedicating your time and effort to possibly the greatest cause in the world!

As I lay in bed with tubes, and wires, and a pump, my chest cut open, hooked up to a few monitoring devices, and all this on my birthday, to boot, nah, I guess I've never had a bad week................................NOT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here though..............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Oldbusckster.  I had my shoulder surgery done on my birthday (last Fri the 23rd).  Dare I venture that it was much less involved than yours.  What did you have done anyway?

Hey Oldbusckster. I had my shoulder surgery done on my birthday (last Fri the 23rd). Dare I venture that it was much less involved than yours. What did you have done anyway?

Let me try and explain...the mitro valve in your heart has a flap that opens and closes as blood is pumped, as the flap closed, blood was leaking bye it, they had to install a RING so the flap makes a better, tighter seal...........it's openheart surgery........I have a disease called ACROMEGALY which they feel distorted my heart causing the leak...........I've had this disease for well over 20 years before someone caught it....It's my understanding they take your Heart right out to make this repair...................Duke Spinner called it a pump rebuild, only Duke could think of that......But, Hey, aren't you a medical guy anyway? That's my best explaination..................I have to take Shots every 4 weeks to control Growth Hormones............and, the Acromegaly was caused by a TUMOR on the Pituitary Gland which had to be removed.............been a fun 4 years.............EH !!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever had a BAD WEEK, I've had a few of them.....................

Guest Anonymous

My lower back went out last sunday. Monday, started having back spasms, missed three days of work, been to the bone crusher twice, it's Friday and i'm so damn tired of this, it has not been a good week. I think it's time to break out the rum.

As I lay in bed with tubes, and wires, and a pump, my chest cut open, hooked up to a few monitoring devices, and all this on my birthday, to boot, nah, I guess I've never had a bad week................................NOT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here though..............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Oldbusckster.  I had my shoulder surgery done on my birthday (last Fri the 23rd).  Dare I venture that it was much less involved than yours.  What did you have done anyway?

Let me try and explain...the mitro valve in your heart has a flap that opens and closes as blood is pumped, as the flap closed, blood was leaking bye it, they had to install a RING so the flap makes a better, tighter seal...........it's openheart surgery........I have a disease called ACROMEGALY which they feel distorted my heart causing the leak...........I've had this disease for well over 20 years before someone caught it....It's my understanding they take your Heart right out to make this repair...................Duke Spinner called it a pump rebuild, only Duke could think of that......But, Hey, aren't you a medical guy anyway? That's my best explaination..................I have to take Shots every 4 weeks to control Growth Hormones............and, the Acromegaly was caused by a TUMOR on the Pituitary Gland which had to be removed.............been a fun 4 years.............EH !!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever had a BAD WEEK, I've had a few of them.....................

Acromegaly is not a routine deal.  Pituitary gigantism is caused by the same type of tumor being present in childhood keeping the body growing and never really reaching puberty.  Your acromegaly is caused from the tumor appearing as an adult.  It tries to prompt the body to start growing again leading to all sorts of problems including your mitral valve one.  You probably had severe headaches as well and other symptoms.  They don't remove the heart to do your surgery.  They do put you on full heart lung pypass while they open the heart and work on the valve.  Yeah I'd say you've had some really, really nasty weeks.  Glad to hear all's well.  That's a pretty daunting thing to go through.