Klipsch Cartridge

ttrhp

Just an FYI. If you are interested, I have a never used/never been mounted MCZ-7 Boron for sale. I no longer have any of the original packaging that it came in. It has been tucked safely away in a 35mm film canister for many years. It is in perfect shape as far as I can tell. I am the one and only owner and I have had it since they were first made available. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

post-9114-1381932971944_thumb.jpg

Search the forum technical questions for MCZ. I posted a scan of the brochure. Unfortunately I've never bothered to learn to make links.

You'll see it is a rebrand of a Japanese model. With that info, maybe you can google to more info.

Gil

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with Jordan we agreed on a price. Sending $ this weekend. Maybe in a way, one of those collectible Klipsch things a guy just has to have if he is an addict..LOL..( To all things Klipsch.) And one of the few things Colterphoto1 does not have.. na na na na na naaaaaaa LOL J/K

Seems like a nice guy too. I was in either Las Vegas for CES or at the summer Chicago CES show, when this was introduced in the mid 80's if I remember. I talked with Paul W Klipsch about it too.. Very cool find.

• 3 weeks later...

Jorgen

Great packing job, it got here safe n sound.. Now to figure out how to mount this to my TT arm...

Any suggestions appreciated...

This is soo cool....... Klipsch History for a Klipsch fan.. I bet not too many in here have a Klipsch Cartridge as well as Klipsch speakers too? LOL

Search the forum technical questions for MCZ. I posted a scan of the brochure. Unfortunately I've never bothered to learn to make links.

You'll see it is a rebrand of a Japanese model. With that info, maybe you can google to more info.

Gil

From what I can remember, back in the 70's Klipsch Heritage speakers were being exported to Japan. As part of the deal, Klipsch agreed to sell these Moving Coil cartridges (trade impbalance?). Anyway, when I went to PWK's home in 1985, I was surprised to see an inexpensive Pickering cartridge on his turntable instead of the exotic ones his company was selling. He could tell from the look on my face that I was puzzled by this even though I didn't say anything. He looked at me and said "I only own 1 LP recording." It was in a plain white cover and it was the original Bell Labs Stereo broadcast from 1933!!

Otherwise PWK told me he didn't like commercial recordings with multi-mike, mixing boards, etc. "Dilute Stereo" he said. So he played me some wonderful recordings from his Revox reel to reel machine of the Little Rock Symphony featuring guest Benny Goodman on clarinet.j Since he only used 2 spaced omni mikes for his recordings, they had lots of ambience and great perspective geometry. So, he really DID practice what he preached in the Klipsch papers!!

He built a box, painted it black, screwed it all in.... then in a cardboard box with foam all around the wodden box inside.. Indestructable indeed... Fantastic job!

Very cool..

Sold you the box and gave you the cartridge, huh?

Seems to me that both of you got a great deal... congrats!

Be sure to post how you like it... how it sounds... all that usual stuff!

Rob

He built a box, painted it black, screwed it all in.... then in a cardboard box with foam all around the wodden box inside.. Indestructable indeed... Fantastic job!

Very cool..

Sold you the box and gave you the cartridge, huh?

Seems to me that both of you got a great deal... congrats!

Be sure to post how you like it... how it sounds... all that usual stuff!

Rob