How much time do think you have left?

Guest " "

Don't know.

Doesn't really matter.

(I do find it rather interesting how many are going to such lengths to attribute some external meaning to it though...)

The irony is that your death doesn't bother you...It impacts those around you.

According to the Mayan calender (8% more accurate than our current calender) December 21st 2012 is it for everybody. Scientists wondered why that particular date so they ran some computer models and at that time the sun and all of the planets will be in a straight line facing the center of the Milky Way galaxy and the Earth will "woble" and we will be under 4 miles of water. I wonder if I could hold my breadth long enough.

JJK

I've already figured out that I won't live past 62. Having Type I Diabetes isn't helping.....

Tom...... if there are not other condtions ruling it out have you considered a pancreas transplant? My wife got a kidney and a pancreas about 8 years ago and is no longer diabetic. She had juvenile or type I diabetes and later kidney failure. Her quality of life is very good and she appreciates every new day. She has way more energy than I do and I am healthy. If you haven't already looked into getting on the list....run don't walk.

Anyone out there who is not a organ donor should consider being one. The most important part is to let your family know your wish to donate. Then fill out the card and stick it in your bill fold. Thousands die each day waiting for a donor.

Thanks for listening[:D]

Chuck

Tom.....sorry to take so long to reply but the pc at home was not cooperating. Yes they have been doing pancreas transplants for about 20 years but even some doctors aren't aware of this. My wife received a kidney from her sister in 1997 and a pancreas a few months later. The first pancreas rejected after 9 months. The second pancreas was attached differently and has lasted 7 years so far.

All the major medical centers or the AMA should be able to give you information. Julia has her surgery at Duke Regional Medical Center in Durham, N.C. UNC right next door from Duke also does them.

You don't think much about organ donations until you or someone close to you needs one. When our donor died 8 people were notified to come to Duke or UNC to be prepped for transplants. We later met the heart recipient, the double lung recipient, and the liver recipient.

So do what ever you need to do to find out more....you may be able to add a number of years to your 62 year projection. Best of luck and let me know if I can help.

Chuck

How much time do I have left...hmmm...less than 90 years that is for sure...OMG...I will DIE! ...Noooooooooooo...help...call nine uno uno....

Who cares how much time,the time to enjoy life a bit,to post here a bit,to irritate a few poeple right and left....not too many. [:D]

Tom.....sorry to take so long to reply but the pc at home was not cooperating. Yes they have been doing pancreas transplants for about 20 years but even some doctors aren't aware of this. My wife received a kidney from her sister in 1997 and a pancreas a few months later. The first pancreas rejected after 9 months. The second pancreas was attached differently and has lasted 7 years so far.

All the major medical centers or the AMA should be able to give you information. Julia has her surgery at Duke Regional Medical Center in Durham, N.C. UNC right next door from Duke also does them.

You don't think much about organ donations until you or someone close to you needs one. When our donor died 8 people were notified to come to Duke or UNC to be prepped for transplants. We later met the heart recipient, the double lung recipient, and the liver recipient.

So do what ever you need to do to find out more....you may be able to add a number of years to your 62 year projection. Best of luck and let me know if I can help.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck a lot. This is definietly food for thought (pun intended).