"Blonde" Klipschorns... Does anybody have 'em?

RFP

Recently, I was watching an episode of David Marks Wood Works on the DIY channel he was building a contemporary nite stand from sycamore (see http://images.scrippsweb.com/DIY/2005/04/04/wwk701_4fb_e.jpg ). I couldnt help thinking that the wood was absolutely gorgeous, and that a pair of Klipschorns might be beautiful with sycamore veneer and black grille cloth.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This got me to wondering if anyone on the forum actually owns a pair of blonde K-horns (no blonde jokes. please!) not just light colored birch, but a real blonde finish.

In the back room that I wishfully call the office, I have a pair of K-horns that I intend to sell but I am strongly considering refinishing them to make them pretty before I do sycamore veneer is gosh-awful expensive, though that might not be a good idea.

Oh well, this is probably a dumb post, but I would like to see if there are any other blonde lovers out there.

All the best,

Rob

Mungkiman,

the primavera was one of the cheapest veneers in the 50s and 60s, with mahogany a close second. Much of the birch was being used for solid wood furniture. Sometimes blonde was the description for the wood(ie birch and primavera,) sometimes it was used for the finish color. Mahogany and oak are among the easier woods to bleach blonde, due to their pore size. Tight woods with small pores, and woods with differing chemistry in their striations, due not bleach uniformly.