Finally The Beatles - The Collection

My system is at last in nirvana. After years of rolling gear, umpteen

speaker swaps, tweaks and countless hours of listening, my 2-channel

system was dialed in. Now I only needed something up to the task of

reference material. Well to me, it has arrived. I've been spinning for

hours from the Beatles MOFI Box set and my wife thinks I've lost my

mind. I'm like a kid at Christmas who got the Red Rider. Man oh man,

it's all been worth it. I am a happy man.

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Moderators

My system is at last in nirvana. After years of rolling gear, umpteen speaker swaps, tweaks and countless hours of listening, my 2-channel system was dialed in. Now I only needed something up to the task of reference material. Well to me, it has arrived. I've been spinning for hours from the Beatles MOFI Box set and my wife thinks I've lost my mind. I'm like a kid at Christmas who got the Red Rider. Man oh man, it's all been worth it. I am a happy man.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hey, those look familar.[*-)]

Thanks for stopping by on your way home and playihng two of these beautiful LP's. They look unplayed Luther, waht a great score. Like I said, that was the best I have ever heard Michelle sound on vinyl,incredible.

Travis

Wardsweb,

So after that season of moving gear in and out of your system, what kind of constellation of gear did you end up with? Are you using the TT in your avatar? What else?

Seems I posted this before, but here it is again.

livingroom031407.jpg

Clearaudio Chamnpion II table with Benz Micro Glider mounted on an SME 309 arm sitting on my DIY isolation sandbox

Shanling T100 CDP sitting on top of a Odyssey Tempest preamp sitting on a Townsend Seismic isolation table

Shanling SP-80 amps running EH6CA7 (fat bottle EL-34) sitting on some custom amp stands from Tate Blanchard of Ultrasonic Audio

that system looks awsome all lit up, i have that beatles set as well a bit pricey but sure to keep going up, i also bought the rolling stones set, i wish there was a floyd and a zepplin set, i missed out on the new zepplin set that was offered a couple months ago it was 699.00 thru music direct 15000 limited production 44 10 records recorded at 45 rpm only 1 or 2 songs per side those recordings had to be awsome quality................saw 2 sets on e-bay for sale already one over 1100, the other insane asking 10,000.00

great system

Joe

Very nice set! I have all but 2 on regular MFSL and most sound great. The White Album is my favorite of those pressings. Rubber soul is great but was recorded with no common info right to left so no center soundstage. Drives me crazy!