Ouch!

anarchist

"They look better than the Mk.III's, and if you believe the marketing, they have the output trans stacked with some magical steel laminations that miraculously transforms the A431's into a high-end output."

Believe the marketing? Craig has marketing?

Tunnel into that thread and you'll find the opinion by some guy who calls himself 'jcmusic':

"Oz, I have heard these and have more than a couple of friends who currently own them. The designer has done other work for me and alot of other audio friends. They are all they say they are. Check over on the klipsch forum, quite a few guys over there have them."

Nice one Mark, and I agree.

Doing some research and stumbled upon this thread. Craig, you may want to take a prozac before reading it.

NosValves VRD review

First off that is not a review the poster has never even heard my amps up close and personal. He has a huge axe to grind. We have butted head repeatedly on Audio Karma in fact he was banned for a while because of some of his comments on AK. Ahhh the price I pay for speaking my mind..... He goes by Pakprotector over on AK. He has never spent any time with a pair of my amps and knows just about nothing of what the circuit really is or isn't. But hey I get much the same from you Robert and you know less then he does about what the amplifiers really are. Hell you think Shannon Parks front end is similar since it uses the same tubes..........[8-)]

He has never

spent any time with a pair of my amps and knows just about nothing of

what the circuit really is or isn't. But hey I get much the same from

you Robert and you know less then he does about what the amplifiers

really are. Hell you think Shannon Parks front end is similar since it

uses the same tubes..........

You butt heads with someone? Say it isn't so. WTF do you need to come attack me? You don't know $hit Craig about what I do and don't know. Knowledge isn't stagnant unless you are a troglodyte. I remember when you didn't know squat about anything so don't play the master designer with me and attempt to discredit me again. Tell me - what did you invent that was new? Unless a 12ax7 and 12au7 have changed, you aren't doing anything groundbreaking. Its easy enough to read a schematic and apply Ohms law. Slinging solder is not an advanced skill no matter what you believe. I will remember never to give you credit for anything because the moment I do, your a$$hole side rears its ugly head.

He has never spent any time with a pair of my amps and knows just about nothing of what the circuit really is or isn't. But hey I get much the same from you Robert and you know less then he does about what the amplifiers really are. Hell you think Shannon Parks front end is similar since it uses the same tubes..........

You butt heads with someone? Say it isn't so. WTF do you need to come attack me? You don't know $hit Craig about what I do and don't know. Knowledge isn't stagnant unless you are a troglodyte. I remember when you didn't know squat about anything so don't play the master designer with me and attempt to discredit me again. Tell me - what did you invent that was new? Unless a 12ax7 and 12au7 have changed, you aren't doing anything groundbreaking. Its easy enough to read a schematic and apply Ohms law. Slinging solder is not an advanced skill no matter what you believe. I will remember never to give you credit for anything because the moment I do, your a$$hole side rears its ugly head.

Robert receiving credit from you means absolutely nothing too me.

What is it now 4 months and counting you have been messing with a simple Dynaco Mark III rebuild LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Oh and please spend a few hours finding posts where I have professed to designing something new, revolutionary or that I'm a master designer??? In fact when asked to describe my circuits I always say they are stolen from various vintage designs coupled with a modern stiff power supply. NO ONE IS DESIGNING ANYTHING NEW IN TUBE AUDIO............Some designers try to make all this into some kind of mystical magical talent but not me. Some employ modern gagdets into designs but I'm not one of them. The roads have all been traveled a 100 times over long ago IMHO.

Craig

Robert receiving credit from you means absolutely nothing too me.

Good.

What is it now 4 months and counting you have been messing with a simple Dynaco Mark III rebuild LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic that you make up a time frame and then find it funny. I spent less than 8 hours doing it. I am in no rush and get to things when I want.

Pretty lame to start a thread using a misleading link title to a post on another forum from someone who has never even heard the amps. Much of Craig's well deserved and hard-earned business is here. Pretty lousy thing to do whether you like Craig on a personal level or not.

Pretty lame to start a thread using a misleading link title to a post on another forum from someone who has never even heard the amps. Much of Craig's well deserved and hard-earned business is here. Pretty lousy thing to do whether you like Craig on a personal level or not.

Wrong. Craig has posted on that board as well. The person who wrote the post claims he has heard them. There were several people in that thread who were interested in buying them and asking if anyone had heard them. This guy stated he had and gave his review. It wasn't an overwhelming endorsement. I posted it here as a public service announcement so Craig could go over there and set the record straight. (Which is exactly what Craig has done along with other supporters.) Thank you Robert.

As usual, Craig did his thing and attacked me. The best part is not only is that a lousy thing to do to me - you endorse it by participating in the attack as well and try to impugn my character. You don't know my motivations or my personal feelings. Same old BS.

Who's next? There always has to be at least three of you guys rushing to defend Craig and attack me or whomever else he "butted head" with.

What time frame did I make up???

The one claiming it took 4 months to build them. It did not nor have I worked on them. I built the boards in a few hours months ago and put everything on the shelf while I continued to listen to them and search for the tube complement. No sense installing boards I have no tubes for. I picked them up a week ago and put them together as I documented in another thread.

Are they up and running yet?

Yes, they are. I look forward to putting them into a head to head with your VRD's.

"Pretty lame to start a thread using a misleading link title to a post on another forum from someone who has never even heard the amps"

Now here is where clarification comes in and just shows how differently we all look at things! I looked, read and thought that Robert posted it so that Craig could see someone posting erronius crap about him so he could take his challenge there and not here[*-)]

I think Craig does awesome refurb work and builds a very nice classic old school amp. I don't think anyone in their right mind could ever knock either of those items but as a marketer of his own services and wares I feel he does as much damage to himself as he does good but that's JMO[;)]

I'm not an electrical anything but I am a consumer and just reading some of his replies would make me go elsewhere and even pay more before possibly setting him off and then you would have 2 upset people I mean when it comes to personal attacks old Nos-ty sits at the top as far as I've read!

I'm sure this might incense him to some degree but if your going to wear the shoe expect to get gum on the bottom[:P] Before you get started I'm not attacking him I'm just telling it as I see it here in print and I'm sure I'm not the only one as I'm also sure there are those of the opposite opinion.

Ouch! was for what the other guy said that Anarchist felt Craig might want to know is out there, un-factual and in print! I like to know when someone is Slanderizing me[:^)]

Damn straight!

I really don't care about fake reviews - I am still going to buy a pair of VRDs.

Wrong. Craig has posted on that board as well. The person who wrote the post claims he has heard them. There were several people in that thread who were interested in buying them and asking if anyone had heard them. This guy stated he had and gave his review. It wasn't an overwhelming endorsement. I posted it here as a public service announcement so Craig could go over there and set the record straight. (Which is exactly what Craig has done along with other supporters.) Thank you Robert.

As usual, Craig did his thing and attacked me. The best part is not only is that a lousy thing to do to me - you endorse it by participating in the attack as well and try to impugn my character. You don't know my motivations or my personal feelings. Same old BS.

Who's next? There always has to be at least three of you guys rushing to defend Craig and attack me or whomever else he "butted head" with.

Robert,

A true concerned freind attempting to alert me of some post like that would do it privately and not drag it up on the Klipsch forum. You can try and play the innocent little boy part all you want. You are always looking for a reason to get some sh!t going.........it seams especially where I'm concerned.

Craig