I got to ask!

falcon20x

I have read a lot of posts about amps on the forum, while most of people are very happy with outlaw, emotiva, rotel  as well as the higher end and well known other brands, I have noticed that no one ever brings up kenwood.

Every sales men I have talked to about kenwood were about to have a hart attack and gave me the Hmmm.. Hmm....Hmmm. I have used multiple kenwood amps ( mostly the KM line) over the years  and thought they were decent amps.
Is it just me or i 'm missing something?

Yes, I think you are missing something. I believe that Kenwood is in the same league as the old Fischer brand and probably on par with Daewoo (Walmart; Target). In the case of Kenwood, you get what you pay for and that usually ain't much.

Cheers!

Yes, I think you are missing something. I believe that Kenwood is in the same league as the old Fischer brand and probably on par with Daewoo (Walmart; Target). In the case of Kenwood, you get what you pay for and that usually ain't much.

Cheers!

Two F-113..................oohp, how are you still alive, and when did you start hanging out with theear?[^o)] They've recieved favorable reviews, but that is as close as I've been able to get to them.

I have read a lot of posts about amps on the forum, while most of people are very happy with outlaw, emotiva, rotel as well as the higher end and well known other brands, I have noticed that no one ever brings up kenwood.

Every sales men I have talked to about kenwood were about to have a hart attack and gave me the Hmmm.. Hmm....Hmmm. I have used multiple kenwood amps ( mostly the KM line) over the years and thought they were decent amps.

Is it just me or i 'm missing something?

Let's see.........you don't seem to list any Kenwood equipment currently in your equipment list.

Why is that?

Cheers!

Two F-113..................oohp, how are you still alive, and when did you start hanging out with theear?[^o)] They've recieved favorable reviews, but that is as close as I've been able to get to them.

What's the problem? getech has two f-113s. TheEAR has two f-113s. I even have one f-113 myself.

Do you live in the boondocks and can't physically get to a JL Audio dealer or is it a money thing?

When I first realized that I wanted a JL Audio sub, I was sure that I couldn't afford to get one. Then I found a dealer that was willing to work with me and walla, all of a sudden I discovered that I could actually afford an f-113. Now I am very seriously considering a second one. Everyone talks about how powerful the f-113 is, but for some reason everyone seems to wind up with two of them. Isn't that interesting?

If it's a money thing, my dealer might surprise you with his prices.

All the F113 is a JL Audio W7 woofer (car audio woofer adapted for home use) in a cabinet with a JL Audio plate amp, not that damn special so it puts out some decent bass - rah! rah!. It sure ain't servo controlled and can't hang with the big Velo's for the long haul. I'll put my dual Velo HGS-15's against them any day, with four Klipschorn's reinforcing them you better be prepared! Got Bass?

And as far getech dogging the guys' Kenwood's when are you going to upgrade those mediocre Reference 7 speakers to something a little more substantial to match your ego.

The KM series are decent amps and have respectable specifications, what really matters is how they sound to you!

Freezin, you read anything at all about the JL subs? Your Velodyne are damn good, but it would be a good test to see who can outdisplace, and sound good in the process. The JL maintains a VERY linear BL and KMS curve throught it's excursion. I would put money on it that it will suffer from less BL and KMS induced distortion anomalies. Shorting rings in the motor reduce distortion.

Servo or not, believe it that the JL is built for SQ, and it just happens to get loud in the process.

Fathom f113:

Effective Displacement:

386 cu. in. / 6.3 liters

Cheers!

What's the problem? getech has two f-113s. TheEAR has two f-113s. I even have one f-113 myself.

Do you live in the boondocks and can't physically get to a JL Audio dealer or is it a money thing?

When I first realized that I wanted a JL Audio sub, I was sure that I couldn't afford to get one. Then I found a dealer that was willing to work with me and walla, all of a sudden I discovered that I could actually afford an f-113. Now I am very seriously considering a second one. Everyone talks about how powerful the f-113 is, but for some reason everyone seems to wind up with two of them. Isn't that interesting?

Used to live in the boondocks, now more of a money issue. The first year (2006/07) immediatly following my end or service in the military was rough, I lost well over 1300.00 per month (the pros of my decision definatly out-weigh the financial speed bump). I may take a listen, but for now I still need a center channel and have to put a hold on financing any more of my life. Thank you though, when the timing is right I may inquire more about your dealer.

All the F113 is a JL Audio W7 woofer (car audio woofer adapted for home use) in a cabinet with a JL Audio plate amp, not that damn special so it puts out some decent bass - rah! rah!. It sure ain't servo controlled and can't hang with the big Velo's for the long haul. I'll put my dual Velo HGS-15's against them any day, with four Klipschorn's reinforcing them you better be prepared! Got Bass?

And as far getech dogging the guys' Kenwood's when are you going to upgrade those mediocre Reference 7 speakers to something a little more substantial to match your ego.

The KM series are decent amps and have respectable specifications, what really matters is how they sound to you!

Do you feel better now?

Freezin, you read anything at all about the JL subs? Your Velodyne are damn good, but it would be a good test to see who can outdisplace, and sound good in the process. The JL maintains a VERY linear BL and KMS curve throught it's excursion. I would put money on it that it will suffer from less BL and KMS induced distortion anomalies. Shorting rings in the motor reduce distortion.

Servo or not, believe it that the JL is built for SQ, and it just happens to get loud in the process.

Fathom f113:

Effective Displacement:

386 cu. in. / 6.3 liters

Michael you have made my weekend. I was starting to think that I had bought the wrong brand sub.

Might I add: f-113 - 2,500 rms watts - 4" excursion - 130 pound cabinet - 13 1/2" woofer - huge surround - beautiful glossy black piano finish - excellent magazine reviews - Roc's happy with it - TheEAR is happy with it - even getech seems happy with it

thank you.

Cheers!

Used to live in the boondocks, now more of a money issue. The first year (2006/07) immediatly following my end or service in the military was rough, I lost well over 1300.00 per month (the pros of my decision definatly out-weigh the financial speed bump). I may take a listen, but for now I still need a center channel and have to put a hold on financing any more of my life. Thank you though, when the timing is right I may inquire more about your dealer.

Your priorities are correct.

Fathom f113:

Effective Displacement:

386 cu. in. / 6.3 liters

Michael you have made my weekend. I was starting to think that I had bought the wrong brand sub.

Might I add: f-113 - 2,500 rms watts - 4" excursion - 130 pound cabinet - 13 1/2" woofer - huge surround - beautiful glossy black piano finish - excellent magazine reviews - Roc's happy with it - TheEAR is happy with it - even getech seems happy with it

thank you.

the mere fact that getech seems happy with it is selling point enough for me.

• Klipsch Employees

We use one around the lab for basic stuff. I think they have it in the Cert Lab right now. We will  be using it in one of the setup at P 07 in June.

I don't like the GUI much.

Other than that its a fine unit.
I don't know the numbers on it.

• 2 weeks later...