Which Center Speaker for RF-7 ?

STUDIO 2000

Thanks, I guess I should have rephrased my original question. I bought a pair of Rf-7 in maple. There arent alot of RC-7 in maple/black for sale. Thus I am looking at building up the rest of my system (not any time soon) with the new Reference series for center, sub and surrounds. I am just not sure if this will cause any misbalancing with these RF-7's. Any users did this?

Your input is appreciated.

Dave

Thanks for your input guys.

Yes its hard to find a RC-7 around here. I find many in Cherry wood, but that would clash the Maple fronts I have. I have read a post or two, where a user combined the RF-7 with the newer RC-64. It sounds like this could be an option, but I really dont want to compromise my system. The poster mentioned that he liked the RC-64 and didnt hear any misbalance in timbre with RC-64 and RF7.

Anyone who has heard the RC-7 or RC-64, or what they think about this RF-7 and RC-64 combo?

Thanks,

Dave

icon-quote.gif
IndyKlipschFan:

TIMBRE does matter.

Except for the sub!Yes

Well OK maybe.... but you also could say a lousy one sounds.. Lousy.. You got me...

How about TIMBRE does matter... Matched with an appropriate sub? RSW 15 will do wonderful.. Is that better?

Thanks for your input guys.

Yes its hard to find a RC-7 around here. I find many in Cherry wood, but that would clash the Maple fronts I have. I have read a post or two, where a user combined the RF-7 with the newer RC-64. It sounds like this could be an option, but I really dont want to compromise my system. The poster mentioned that he liked the RC-64 and didnt hear any misbalance in timbre with RC-64 and RF7.

Anyone who has heard the RC-7 or RC-64, or what they think about this RF-7 and RC-64 combo?

Thanks,

Dave

Know anyone who does nice veneer work?

I am just so strong a believer (when possible) in the timbre issue.. Stay within the class. (for the best results!!)

You can't even believe to appreciate what a difference, say in a movie like "CARS," where there is a LOT of left, center, and right, screen and SOUND pans as well as action going that way...... what a well balanced system timbre wise will generate.

RF7's deserve RC-7's.

Indy,

Thanks much for your recommendations. My dilemma is that these Centers C-7 are hard to come by. I found a place that sells them, however they want to charge me $700 for a new C-7. I have been told that they should be selling new if I can get one in the $450-$500 range.

Today I spoke to Klipsch Technician, and asked him if I cannot find a C-7 if the new RC-64 will be worthwile pursuing. He explained that he did A/B comparisons and to him the C-7 and RC-64 are very close and the RC-64 will be a great match with the RF-7. He only mentioned that the RC-64 has a more neutral sound, especially the high end, but as far as the timber match, it matches quite well. (He actually prefers the RC-64 with the RF-7)

Thus, I guess I am just going to look and see what opportunity arises with regards to cost. If I find a C-7 for a good price, I will take it. If I find an RC-64 for a good price, I will take it. I think either of these will be a perfect match for the RF-7.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dave