Play me a tune, man!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3:57 am- working on a preliminary CD right now. Will play for several of the Klipsch gang today at work. we have several Jamo samples in one of our conference rooms and I need to set up a demo in there. I'll take it down for Trey and Steve to hear in the Anni-K /Jubilee room also.

4:40 am

10 track snippets= 18:00 minutes of jazz, pop, rock, country, guitar duets, solo piano, heavy horns, snappy drums.

it's a 13 minute wonderland through my collection then 5 minutes of Holst 'Jupiter' as finale (thanks LarryC) it's damn hard to edit Planets!

no led zep [:(]

no diana krall [:D]

hope it makes you guys happy...

nighty night...

Sounds wonderful. I mean, after all, these are test tracks to demonstrate the capabilities of the speakers being demonstrated which I'm sure they will do very well. A little something for practically every taste so everybody will probably get at least a couple of minutes of music they're familiar with and things they'll want to hear more of.

DARN, I had it beautifully sequed in iTunes and it played wonderfully. But when I burned the CD's the crossfade was not used so it just chops songs off! Any hints? WIll a later version of iTunes allow me to record using the crossfade?

(arrrgh I had songs timed down to the second so the fades would sound fantastic)

Don't use iTunes? [:P]

Don't you have Nero setup on your other computer? When doing stuff like this, I just drop all the CDs into a real sound editing program, do all my crap, and then export the wave files. One file for every track. If you want the fades to work out, then you'll need to cut into the middle of the fade. And then you just drop it in any CD burning program, making sure the program doesn't add time between the tracks.

Audacity works very well for things like this and it's free too. The only problem is the learning curve and getting it set up and running.

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that the first half of the day we will be

merely spectators. And then the second half of the day we'll be free to

roam around, which is probably when they'll have no problem with us

listening to our own stuff.

Oops, overlapping posts (guess that took me 20 minutes to write? lol)

Any feedback on the tunes and movies used to audition the setups?

I'll get a setlist up and CD's of complete songs available- just email me.

I would be very interested in getting a list of those songs.

There are a couple of tracks that I've been trying to find on the "NET" but am getting no where!!

JJ

P.S. E-mail sent