Klipsch Large Horn/Big Bass pair of 'old style' speakers (FS)

Z4!

Obviously someone tipped the seller that he was way off on his pricing.

Yep, you gotta love the good samaritans of the world[:S]. I really love the " I have no affiliation with the seller etc" samaritans." all they do is drive the price up by drawing a lot attention to a particular item.

Believe me, anyone that is looking for something knows were to look and doesn't need it to pointed out to them.

The seller would have been happy to get rid of them for $800, that's what they were worth to him. Since they came with the house and haven't been played in 15 years, that tells me that he doesn't care about them and wanted to get them out of the house. Klipschorns rarely become available within driving distance let alone in the same city.

Obviously someone tipped the seller that he was way off on his pricing.

Yep, you gotta love the good samaritans of the world[:S]. I really love the " I have no affiliation with the seller etc" samaritans." all they do is drive the price up by drawing a lot attention to a particular item.

Believe me, anyone that is looking for something knows were to look and doesn't need it to pointed out to them.

The seller would have been happy to get rid of them for $800, that's what they were worth to him. Since they came with the house and haven't been played in 15 years, that tells me that he doesn't care about them and wanted to get them out of the house. Klipschorns rarely become available within driving distance let alone in the same city.

EDIT:

Nothing wrong with giving the good people of this forum information on a nice deal. Also nothing wrong with giving a seller the heads up on the value of their item.

Good luck.

• Moderators

Z,

Thanks for posting the link. At least we know what's out there when we decide to really start looking. At $800 a pair I wouldn't have passed on them, but at $2500 a pair???

We are officially passing on this pair of Khorns, although they are quite beautiful and would match our Cornwall III's.

Our primary reason for attending the Pilgramage in Hope last year was to audition Klipschorns. Actually listening time was somewhat limited and we really didn't get a chance to hear music we were familiar with.

We are passing on these until we can at least audition a pair of Klipschorns and also the Jubilees.

I am sure Khorns will exceed their claim to fame, but dtel and I were talking this afternoon and we are not convinced that we wouldn't prefer a pair of Jubilees!!

I'd go for the Jubilee in a heart-beat if I thought I could talk my lovely wife into it!

Disclaimer: She has been extremely patient with my hobby for many years; we both decided it was time to "scale down" a bit. [8-)]

I am sure Khorns will exceed their claim to fame, but dtel and I were talking this afternoon and we are not convinced that we wouldn't prefer a pair of Jubilees!!

woot woot woot!!!

(cheering you on to make the decision)

I'd go for the Jubilee in a heart-beat if I thought I could talk my lovely wife into it!

Disclaimer: She has been extremely patient with my hobby for many years; we both decided it was time to "scale down" a bit. [8-)]

The beauty of them is they are still VERY unobtrusive into the room. I'd bet they take up less "room" space than LaScalas, Cornwalls or even Mach 2's!! Gotta like that corner fit.

So, scaling "down" to Jubilees might actually let you scale down even futher while upscaling your net sound. Sounds like a win/win to me!

• Moderators

Coytee,

Like I said earlier, dtel and I want to give the Khorns and the Jubilees a good audition with music we are very familiar with. I think, at that point we can decide which ones we would prefer. Although, I wouldn't rule out owning both!!!!!

• Moderators

"Although, I wouldn't rule out owning both!!!!!"................... Not going to happen !

I really like the style of the Klipschorn, but I would love to build some Jubilees with some real nice hardwood plywood. Parts ?

Z4

IMO, posting the info was the right thing to do. When the forum is alerted to items of interest, more people have more information. Even if the result is a higher selling price, no one is forced to offer more than they feel an item is worth. Sure individuals are disappointed that they weren't able to steal an item, but they're just sore that they couldn't compete with other equally deserving buyers who placed a higher value on the item.

• Moderators

Z4

IMO, posting the info was the right thing to do. When the forum is alerted to items of interest, more people have more information. Even if the result is a higher selling price, no one is forced to offer more than they feel an item is worth. Sure individuals are disappointed that they weren't able to steal an item, but they're just sore that they couldn't compete with other equally deserving buyers who placed a higher value on the item.

No disappointment here, just more resolve to own a pair......[:D] Thanks again Z4 for the heads up!!

• Moderators

"Although, I wouldn't rule out owning both!!!!!"................... Not going to happen !

I really like the style of the Klipschorn, but I would love to build some Jubilees with some real nice hardwood plywood. Parts ?

I wouldn't say that if I were you!!!!!