Stopped by an audio boutique today

Arky

Went to Custom Audio in Little Rock today in hopes of hearing new Lascalas & Cornwalls. No such luck. Guy said "nobody walks in & says I want some big speakers for my house". They did have a pair of 60th Annie khorns in back for a guy from Eldorado building a 2 channel system with macs. I had to settle for listening to rf-83's. Nice but they ain't no rf-7. Oh well, same ole story.

Went to Custom Audio in Little Rock today in hopes of hearing new Lascalas & Cornwalls. No such luck. Guy said "nobody walks in & says I want some big speakers for my house". They did have a pair of 60th Annie khorns in back for a guy from Eldorado building a 2 channel system with macs. I had to settle for listening to rf-83's. Nice but they ain't no rf-7. Oh well, same ole story.

Hi arky,

Could you be  a little more specific "they ain't no RF7"
I've always wondered if I was missing out by buying the 83's over the 7's.

I reread my post & that could come off as offensive. To me, imo, etc. the 7's are just more. More live, more in your face, more clear. I do think the 83 mids were better stock than the 7's but after I added Dean's networks the 7's screamed past the 83's. The 83's are very nice & I certainly knew I was listening to Klipsch but my thoughts were they ain't no 7's. Doesn't matter as i've moved on to heritage anyway. I still have a rc-7 with Dean networks that I suppose I should sell since I don't use it, but man that is one great sounding speaker.

I did not take offense at all, I just wanted your opinion that's all.

I have been thinking about the rf 7 and was just about to get a set but right now I got  my eyes on a set of cornwalls, will see.
Let me know if you rae selling that RC 7 I would interested

Yeh, it's too bad Custom Audio carries no Heritage. I sort of with the guy wouldn't respond by saying nobody comes in and asks to hear them. I'd think, well I just did. I can appreciate that they have got only so much floor space to make their sales and it has to be used profitably. Their call, just sort of a bummer for Heritage lovers.

I believe they would sell more Heritage Line speakers if the public could see and hear them. My nearest Klipsch Dealer is a 3 1/2 hour trip, one way. Bottom line for me, when I was ready to buy, I found a dealer, made the trip, got what I wanted........If You want something bad enough, You WILL find away to obtain it.................I for one, miss real Audio Stores, corner shops............

I believe they would sell more Heritage Line speakers if the public could see and hear them.

I agree & mentioned that very statement. That's when they commented on the public not wanting big spks.

Yeh, makes me curious as to whether it would be profitable for Klipsch to offer incentives to authorized dealers to keep some Heritage on the floor for demos. Klipsch might already be doing that. In a sense, I imagine that as a dealer, I'd think the wholesale price would be a bargain to have this gear in my store. Who knows? I certainly don't have any marketing sense. It is a most interesting question though, as to whether it would produce a net increase in the bottom line to get these sweethearts within range of the consumer's ears. I'm sure the customers are showing up for HT, but they might be blown away by the sound of this Heritage gear. I wonder.

With motorcycles, sometimes when a prospective buyer would come in and express interest in a 750, the dealer would let him take one out, accompanied by a mechanic on a 1000. After the ride, the prospect would often buy the 1000...

I dont think Heresys would take up that much space....heck atleast put them on a shelf if you have to.I work part time in a high end bike shop and i see what the owner has to do in deciding what to carry.But if someone comes in and asks about something he usually tries to get at least one for the floor.Nebraska furniture mart here wastes a whole room for blose and i never see anyone in there,,,lol,,i love that actually.I know blose does not want anyone to A-B thier speakers with anything else.Why couldn't the audio store have a pair of Cornwalls with heresys sitting on top of them..finish protected of course...just my opinion. Rick

Excellent logic Pat[;)]

I think it's crazy we are this close to Hope and these stores don't keep Heritage on the floor!

Not crazy pathetic. I haven't been to custom in years mostly because the staff was rude and tried to sell me things I didn't want. Blah blah blah same old story. 60th anniversary in Eldorado.... at least there is a pair in residence in the state. 

Hey Arky there was a pair of Heresys in the paper for $400 this week.

I'm gunna go look tommorrow. If I can pick them up for $325 i'll buy but I don't want them, I want lascalas. He also has Quartets & rb-5's for sell.

I asked Custom why they don't buy some heritage for people to listen. He looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm gunna go look tommorrow. If I can pick them up for $325 i'll buy but I don't want them, I want lascalas. He also has Quartets & rb-5's for sell.

I asked Custom why they don't buy some heritage for people to listen. He looked at me like I was crazy.

The Heresy's are in Bryant. 501-847-7274

Didn't call, though. That's just from the classified.

That is a good price if I hadn't just spent a fortune on demolition in my back yard I would be interested. There are a pair of industrial La Scalas at Shorty Smalls. You have to look up to se them but as far as I know they don't use them anymore. I have considered trying to talk the manager out of them but haven't... They are in great condition.

I walked into audio demensions to hear the MC275s and they offered me the choice between two channel top of the line B&W or HT and I chose the two channel. It is nice to have the option and they were very nice. The room was also decent.