Rock vinyl needs a new loving home! (LPs 4 Sale)

JDB_Rocks

A friend of mine is putting her old 70s-80s rock LPs in a yard sale this weekend.  I thought
maybe someone here might be interested in them.  She says they're in Excellent shape, 
which they most likely are close to but we know one person's Exc is another's Good, and 
she did take good care of them with almost all still having their inner sleeves with them. There are 
approx 40 LPs and are mostly from the radio fare bands of the late 70s to early-80s. I don't know
any specific LPs in the group and they are being sold as a complete lot to the highest offer.
If interested please LMK your offer (preferably by e-mail: mosika@iupui.edu ) before 5PM ET
Friday 8 June (my home copmputer is dead right now). If you'll be coming to the Pilgrimage in Indy
and will be able to take them back home with you, I will hold on to them until then to save you on
having them shipped (I live ~2 miles from Klipsch HQ). If nobody wants to rescue these poor helpless LPs 
they'll probably sit baking in the hot sun being grabbed, fondled and God knows what else by total 
strangers who don't even own a turntable and will just tell their kids that they used to have the same album before they bought the CD!
Thanks.

peace, mitch

the albums you describe really have low value except for the occasional rare find, without a list you will find them hard to sell, but i will play along and offer 1.00 each plus shipping for the lot, you say 40 albums that would be 40.00 and shipping would be about 15.00 media mail

joe

I think $1.00 each is a fair price unless it includes the Rolling Stones "Some Girls" album with the picture of Lucy on it.

In that case add $100 to the price.

I have two of those LPs. Even on orange vinyl. They are not woth that much. Collectable, but not crazy expensive. I'll sell you one of mine for $50[;)][6]

if im not mistaken wasnt the some girls album a little before late 70's early 80's, i have a copy but im to damb lazy to pull it out and look, at any rate without a list for all i know it could be 40 copies of tiny tim tip toe thru the tulips, i pay 1.00 each for decent albums all the time but i get to see those..........................i emailed the poster as they requested but havent received a response guess they were of the opinion a grab bag is worth more than 1.00 each, i must have lost out when i sold mine on here for 50 to 75 cent each

Joe

anyone interested in a real unmolested collection of near 1500 albums including beatles mo fi box set, and stones mo fi box set as well as several other mo fi albums alot of 180 gram, and 200 gram albums collection ranges from the beatles to guns n roses i have a list with about 85 percent listed on it and there were 1200 at that time on the list, i have since added several albums absolutely will not AGAIN I WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING SEPERATELY, ALL OR NOTHING DEAL.......................................if you are interested email me at joespride02@yahoo.com

Joe

I've been buying quite a few LPs lately from a guy not far from my office. Everything he has is either Japanese, MFSL or some other audiophile type pressing. I couldn't understand why there were 2 copies of Some Girls on the shelves (until now). One of them he gave me as a bonus when I bought a Japanese pressing of "The Wall" and the other I drove up today at lunch after reading this thread and bought for $10. He thought they were worthless. A friend left him these albums when he passed away a couple years ago. Very nice collection.

Joe .... I was in the process of replying to you (see below) when I called my friend to confirm your offer price (which *I* feel is fair & acceptable) . However, she said that her daughter had looked on ebay and saw records going for $10 to $35+ .... I looked thrrough *25* pages just now and only saw 2 LPs with actual bids higher than your generous 
offer that she *might* have in this lot. She was going to go home and make a list and call me to tell me what she has. That was 3 hours ago .... I'm still waiting for her to call. 
I'll keep you posted.

peace, mitch

My interrupted e-mail reply:

Joe,

I know that these would only be a buck or two LPs but it was a last minute thing, her daughters are organizing/running the sale & really don't have the time (or maybe the desire) to make a list. I'm just trying to help a friend and give the Klipsch vinyl-heads a shot @ some well cared for albums with nice clean covers too. She did tell me today that there are about 6 covers with no LP & 1 LP with no cover. $1 each will apply only to LPs w/covers and throw in the extra covers.

i know quite a few people (me included) that beleived albums were worth more than a buck or so each, i dont need any more myself but would buy a nice lot frm an individual if a deal presented itself, to be sure there are albums that are worth more than a dollar each, but not to me anymore unless they are obi japan pressings, or mfsl, 180 or 200 gram etc...i have a long history on ebay and have attempted to sell many albums there and except for the odd exception ive been lucky tio get a bid, if your friend forwards a list i will look at it and if something is worth more i will say it is and offer accordingly, however if they are not worth a dollar each i will decline to buy also

Joe

Gee, when I tried to sell my 600+ record collection no one wanted that many at once, ended up getting $350. for 600+ records, many, many of them 1or 2 play albums put on tape and never played again..............Not sorry I sold them, just surprised at the market for them now.......

Looks like Some Girls is one of those albums (like the original Skynard "Street Survivors" with the fire on the cover) that ebay has turned into an almost worthless LP. I did a little ebay searching and if your copy has the word "Sterling" stamped into the dead wax denoting a first pressing, you might get $10 for it if it's in really nice condition.

Funny how ebay has made certain items extremely valuable and others almost worthless. Now I'm almost sorry I paid $10 for 2 original copies!

tell you what gary ill give you 10.00 for either copy and you wont have anything in the keeper then you simply cant feel bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have very few valuable albums (over 10.00 each) but they are in there scattered about, i buy what i listen to and dont really worry about the value so much,

gary why dont you share the wealth on the guy with the albums mfsl's and japans, man you cant come on here and advertise that you know a guy and then keep the info to yourself[;)] i would like to find a fella like that myself

Joe