3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

I have a copyfrom the factory of the exact same letter along with the price list and brochure from the Custom shop and a factory hanging tag. Sadly or for the better depending on your views- the 21 has been revivied. CSM- Conn. Shotgun Manufacutring isw now making the 21 again under the direction of Tony Galazan. I have a very early example of his work- a 3 barrel set built on a 410 frame. 30"bbl 28 ga0 IC/Mod- 30 " 410 ga 30" IC/mod and a 28" 20 ga bbl mod/full 28". All VENT RIB!!!! Near Grand American Grade wood... English stock..Beaver tail forearm.. checkered buttplate no pad.This is an extermely rare gun. It may be one of a kind. It was built on a 410 frame out of left over parts from the custom shop. Tony Galazan bought the whole operation and is officailly now making 21s with new receivers under licewnse from Winchester. A base model with standard wood and no engraving with one barrel starts about 11 or 12 k. They want 5k to make me 2 extra forearms for the barrels. The new guns are not the same as the old ones but there are of extremely high quality and even the plain versions are spetaculiar.

So get your checkbook out and go for it.With the bad economy you may get your gun in 9 mo to a year. They are all made to order. This is my 3rd one. I had to sell my other 2 to pay for this one. Desirable old 21s are bringing north of 50k in certain configurations. Which is not bad when you consider that SO Berettas can cost 100k and Fabris can go for 300.

Back to the bar- sipping on a Pilsner Urquell.

I have the original paper work still. Got turned on to 21's by my cousin. Had a few, my fave was a 20 gauge 26" I/c/Mod. Loved that gun. Before the internet I subscribed to gun list and used to check them out monthly. That's when I first heard of Tony Galazan. I would like to have one of these sets, It's almost exactly what you describe above.

post-12978-13819498642326_thumb.jpg

I am a heroin addicted crackhead when it comes to shotguns- doubles in particular.I also have a safe full of 23s which I think are the value of the century. This gun I have is this little 410 frame tiny little gun with 30" vent rib barrels and the english stock. It looks like it would be impossible to shoot. Quite the opposite. On very wild preserve pheasants/chuckars I use the 28 ga barell which is my favorite. This odd looking little gun frequently gets quick doubles and head shots. I am not that good but this gun makes me look like a crack shot. Uncanny. Halfway through the hunts I will generally stop shooting to give the others a chance. The small gun is just so fast on the target.The bad news is that my trading days are over for that application. I used to have gun list fed exed to my house to get the first look. You really need to buy a 21. Great to meet someone who shares the passion for doubles.

Steaks on the grill- FInlandia and tonic with lime.

I'm with you, I loved gun list, the english doubles seemed great, but back then the 21's were a bargain and you're right, the 23 is great. I have a Winchester Classic Doubles catalog next to me right now. Been cleaning up a lot of my old literature and found some stuff I forgot about. I have the Winchester Parker reproduction catalog here too. I'll start looking for a 21 again I fear, time to switch to PBR [;)]

Random items along those lines- A parker mid grade 16 ga surfaced here recently-a d or an e grade but no the top. The gun was literally new an dated back to the 20s??? nThe gun was ordered with every option on the lst- ejectors-sst- which is rare as hens teeth. The gun was literally 100% case colored. Appeared never to have been used. I held the gun in my hands. My friend paid 40 k for it. It has since been sold for over 70k.. for a very plain looking Parker.

The same guy had a poitti king grade 16 ga 2 barell set with upgraded everything. I shot the gun extremely well for some reason. He insisted that I take it to shoot sporting clays- 60 k gun- I was nervous wreck, could not hand it back to him fast enough.

He also had a new holland and Holland 20 ga newin the box- OMG- a Beretta SO 10- a Fabri 12 ga- a Corlay Lebeau 12 ga sold in 1958 from Ab & Fitch-a Kreighoff that belonged to -JFK. Of course this stuff is way out of my price point so this is like dangling raw meat in front ofa starving dog. I have lost count of how many 21s he has had. I bought my first one from him for 10 k. I had to make payments on it. It was a custom shop Grade 4 20 ga straight grip. I am the guy hanging out around he edges buying the culls when people get bored with them. I had to sell a lot of stuff to buy my 3 bbl set- but it was worth every sacrifice. I hope you can get another one. IMHO there is nothing better regardless of price.

I always used to dream of finding an old American at an estate sale or house sale back in the day. Then you realize how rare such things are or they wouldn't e so expensive. I was always amazed at the inventory some of the bigger gun brokers had back in the day.

Tom

Enjoying reading about the high end shotguns as I sip a bourbon and water. Tonight is my value bourbon which is Ancient Ancient Age Ten star (90 proof). It holds up pretty well. I'm glad I only tote around a cheap gun while I stumble around a stray beaver swamp or creek trying to harvest a duck now and then. I couldn't imagine dunking a nice gun in the water in an unseen hole.

Cheers Gentlemen,

Carl

I have noticed as I consume alcholic beverages regardless of the type my ability to pop squirrels deminishes drastically with my crossman 1000 .17 bellet gun. The savior is that the is a wall of rock as my back drop, the missed shots are easy contained. I think I will pass on a shotgun. That might damage my rocks and bird feeders which I am trying to shoot the squirrels off of.

post-16829-13819498679472_thumb.jpg

Enjoying reading about the high end shotguns as I sip a bourbon and water. Tonight is my value bourbon which is Ancient Ancient Age Ten star (90 proof). It holds up pretty well. I'm glad I only tote around a cheap gun while I stumble around a stray beaver swamp or creek trying to harvest a duck now and then. I couldn't imagine dunking a nice gun in the water in an unseen hole.

Cheers Gentlemen,

Carl

I remember hunting ducks with a friend and a biology professor from UNC-W. My friend wades out to throw out the decoys and stepped into a hole deeper than he is tall. All you could see was an arm holding up a 12 gauge Browning....still dry.

Honey...I really need to buy a firearm so I can post drinking and hunting related material in the 3 minutes to Miller Time thread haha. I doubt it will fly, so I guess I will just open the bar with a round of Woodford Reserve on me. On a side note, I did buy a frined a bottle of vodka shaped like a shotgun once...forgot the brand...I do remember it lead to hilarious pictures and hangovers though.

On the old estate subject- 4 of my friends weht to an "estate" to look at a ultra rare Parker- Like over the 100 k mark- They were going to go in 4ths and resell it at the auction - double their money. The gun looked 100 % straight up original but one of the guys-as they were driving away- a real world class expert -started to smell something rotten. They had made an appointment for the first visit. When they went back- 20 mins later the "maid and the "bulter" were in street clothes. A very well known high gun dealer walked around the corner with a deer in the headlights look. The whole thing was a setup. The maid and the Butler were actors- the estate was rented from a questionable real estate broker. The gun surfaced later as a reblued and recently engraved copy that was arificially aged down from 100 % to 99% with a wet leather golf glove. If you play in that league watch out!!!!

Still at work trying to pay for my toys.

There is a Finlandia and tonic with my name on it at the house.

JB--- buy a scope.

Got a notice today that my George Michael thread got nuked.. Oh well.. some real zingers before it died and a barrel of laughs. I kinda figured Miss Amy would put the crosshairs on that one after it got a little out of hand.But my dogkiller thread has passed 100 posts!!!!!!!!! cool.

TH .. have not heard back on the 20 ga WIn 23.. made a 1525.00 offer on it. No response. Guess he thinks it is a 21. Like I need another gun.

This Finlandia is pretty good for a mixer at 16.00- I may buy some back stock before it goes off sale.

Listening to Mark Knoffler on the K horns- Shang ra la- Gotta get off my @ss and buy some more tubes but his Mac is sounding amazing.

I am buying Finlandias if anybody is slumming it tonite.

Cheers to all my forum buddies!!!

JB--- buy a scope.

After JBs had a few drinks he's actually able to talk the squirrels into surrendering[:)]

The last of the Evan Williams single barrell reserve.

Just mentioned Knopflers Shangri-La over in 2 channel.....favorite ten songs or something like that....by joessporster.

I have seen it for 10-12 dollars off around here- tempted but hate to go fishing on hi priced whikeys without a recomemdation.

TH- If the sale on Finlandia is statewide for August you need to pick some up for mixing. I really like it at 16 bucks.

Glad you are liking the Belvedere- can get habit forming$$$$$$$$$$. They sell handles for 54 on sale here ever so often.