3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Tarheel, i'm not one to judge; but, isn't a bit early to be at the bar?

Thanks for your concern BigStew but it was 4:00 pm here when I posted......an hour an a half would make it 5:30PMSmile  Happy hour in this neck of the woods.

i was just teasing you anyway. my computer showed a post time of 5:50 AM--that's why i was teasing you; but, in my younger days on camping trips, i've been known to have a beer for breakfast.

a nice refreshing mug of decaf sweetened blackened tea ...no booze allowed since moved up from pills with should not drink alcohol while taking printed on labe to do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.... I'm still a little confused on the while taking part [^o)] but doc and a lawyer friend both rolled their eyes when I asked if that meant only to avoid alcohol while in the act of taking said pills.. heading out to Deckzilla to see if any meteors in the sky for a few minutes but 6 AM comes way too early to stay up too much longer

Welcome to all....tea drinkers, coke drinkers, you naughty rascals who spike your punch, and all others who want to drop in and say hello. No requirements at this bar other than comraderie and merriment. Leave those work week woes behind....celebrate the weekend and better times to come.

A toast to all my forum buddies present and future.

Cheers[D]

I'll be a naughty rascal I suppose...I think it is Pina Coloda night here...it is hot and I have the goods on hand...I'll blend the Coco Lopez, the meiers rum, some vanilla ice cream and a splash of Kaulua and pour the topper of 151...everyone grab a tiki torch and a hawiian shirt and I'll fire up the Buffett on the AW-500s...see ya out back!

Checking in late today-busy wheeling and dealing- trying to buy a nice little winchester double barrel 20 ga. She is a sweetie.had some wonderful mexican shrimp fahitas washed down with some ice cold Dos Equis Draft..... nice.

Watching preseason NFL late game sipping some finlandia vodka on ice with lemmon.

cheers to all... fron cherry cokes to grain alcohol.

Free screwdirivers or Bloody marys to all tomorrow AM.

sipping on a Finlandia(89 octane) with tonic and a lemomn wedge. Not great stuff but for 16 bucks pretty hard to turn down. 1st of the day pretty busy.

TH you hanging around today?????

Trying to watch some preseason NFL. I f I hear one more--------- word about that ------- dog killing POS vick I will bust this ----TV.

Finlandias are on me tonite. Pull up a seat.

Started watching my first Bears game with my son...he was not to interested and would not nap...Miller Time acutally started early today...back-filled about 2 yards of dirt on my foundation and took my helper to buffalo wild wings for some beers and wings as a thanks. Had a couple Pinnacle Vodka and Tonics...got Patrick to bed and now enjoing a beer and the bears are still winning although looks like not for long. Tied at the half...let's hope for a better second half

Evening gentlemen. Just back from an early dinner at Bonefish Grill. Belvedere martini, salmon on a cedar plank, ceasar salad and calamari. The cute little waitress is a senior at UNC-W and is from Chapel Hill....a Tarheel fan. Her mother is from Ecuador and her father is Chinese. Tiny....but I wanted to adopt her......its hell getting old.

Ace....wings and drinks sound good. How old is your son?

Winchester....what happend on the 20 gauge?

Patrick is just over 9 months old...he is the little guy in my avatar...although that was about 3 months ago. Mom took him to the mall and he did not sleep today and then she went to work for a couple hours and going out with some friends so I am holding down the fort tonight...love spending time with him because it is rare, but he was not happy tonight. I am jealous of all you fish and soft shell crabs and crawdads...we can't really get any good fresh seafood here...you can get some good stuff in chicago, but you pay up the *** for it because you have to go to a place that has it flown in daily. Nice and quiet here now...thinking of a new game for this thread...we'll see how it turns out.

OK...new game...well maybe not a game, but I am a newbie at the bar, and have figured out most people's poisons, but lets throw it out properly...just copy and replace to yours.

My favorite poison is - Gin

My favorite drink is - Gin & Tonic

My favorite brand is - Magellan Gin

Because - It is a smooth and fresh gin in tonic. It is made in France, it is the only blue gin, it is the only naturally blue spirit in the world (they soak it in Iris root and do not distill it again), it is not overly fruity like a lot of craft gins, but still has the crisp juniper flavor that good gins need.

The most under-rated gin is - Steinhäger

Because - Good crisp German gin...high on juniper flavor, comes in a stoneware bottle...good distillation...no hangover...possible quality control issues though...I have had a bad bottle of it in the past.

If I am poor, but still want gin - Brokers Gin

Because - Beefeater is great but overpriced...Broker's is 94 proof, which is a bit strong for a gin, but tastes similar and is about 30% less in price. Standard English dry flavor, matches well with tonic, and I have no complains for something that cost the same as Seagrams but about 1000 times better.

Your turn!

I got sick on a mixture of Tanquary and gordon gin whwn I was 20 years old. Ceiling was swirling around and such. Never touched gin again. You can ease back into the other stuff but if you ever tie on a really good one with cheap gin... it WILL cure you for good Too bad cause there are some permiun gins that i would like to sample

Plus one on the Ketel JB- My favorite under the price of belvedere.

Hey TH.. Whats your take on the Belvedere???? I buy when I see it on sale. IMHO.. it is the best.

This Finlandia is OK at 16 bucks but not worth 20. Gets a little edgey in Martinis.

TH .. How is Bonefish grill?? got a couple here.. never been

TH .. How is Bonefish grill?? got a couple here.. never been

First time there in awhile. Spur of the moment thing. Got there at 7:25 and pretended like I had made reservations for 7:30. After a short wait they seated us[:$] The food was good...not great but good. The salmon was spot on. As I mentioned the place was full of college girls and their parents here on moving day. They had a featured menu for couples....an appetiser, salad, two entres for $36! Throw in a martini, two coffees, and tip and I got out for $65.

Winchester....Belvedere is a fine vodka and I could be happy with it for quite awhile. Thanks for the tip.

Ace...I'll have to play Sunday when I have a little more brain power[:S]

JB...sorry about the malaria....but you're doing the right thing.

The malaria has suffered a major set back so far, the vodka is working wonders. Thinking about stepping outside and enjoying an Olar while watching an episode of Rescue Me via the laptop on Hulu.

I also like Finlandia, its my every day vodka. Ketel One is when its on sale. My take (although not asked for (vodka talking)) is vodka should be an oderless / tastless (which we all know its not, just more subtle). So if you mix you can cut more corners (Finlandia). I don’t drink that much (yeah right), so spending a couple of extra bucks seems like an endulgence on vodka. When the matter switches to Gin however, spending the extra $, is a necesatity, Bombay Blue is my regular favorite, although sometime I can have a reaction to juniper. There is nothing worse than bad gin.

Interesting takes on the clears...I don't dislike vodka...it tend to think of it as the same as gin, but with the taste distilled out of it...the best vodka is the one you do not taste..I happen to like Ketel as do most of you. However, I can't feel like I am paying for something that does not take a lot of knowhow to make in the good cases...a bottle of Ketel costs the same as some very good gins...and I get more satisfaction tasting the gin...guess it just comes down to the flavor...I like the juniper flavor...I am the only one out of my family of 5 that does though.

If you check out the resulst of some blind tastings on Vodka you will find some goofy results. I saw one where Smirnoff beat Belvedere-Goose-Ketel- and other noted brands. To me I am paying for a prue tasteless water type beverage in the higher priced brands which I like in a straight up ice cold Martini. Great with a cigar or snacking on delicate cheeses where the liquior does not destroy the taste of the food. Same deal with wines where you can enjoy the taste of the food. To my observation- there are brands with a stronger-Vodka type taste-Goose-Absolut-Sky-Stoli. I prefer my Vodka to be as tasteless as possible -Finlandia-Ketel-Belvedere fit that bill with the price going up as taste disappears. To each his own..they sell a ton of Grey Goose for 32 bucks..never liked the brand myself-see people mixing it with red bull????Also dont do flavored vodkas- but that is just me.

Heres a bit of man law trivia for you.. Gin has common ingredients with perfume- will do a decent job of masking the smell of perfume on clothes in case the girl at the perfume counter at the mall accidently spliis some on your shit. Dont know this first hand but it is what I heard.