like this guy needs more klipsch

iwillwalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with this:

"I would like to purchase another pair of Klipsch floor standing stereo loudspeakers for my home sound system."

flannj, What is wrong with that statement ? Not looking to argue, just wondering what is wrong with it? Colterphoto buys, and has many, many speakers, and no one says a word about him, or other forum regulars that have many speakers......Yet, people get excited about Steve's speaker count, I don't understand why he's singled out............Me, I buy only what I use......

Good morning OB,

I think the statement makes it sound like he is just buying speakers to finish off his home system. But in actuality it seems more like he is collecting them or flipping them. Nothing wrong with doing either of those things. He can aquire as many as he wants just as Michael can. It just comes across as a misrepresentation as far as why he is looking to buy.

I sure do like his car collection though.

- Jim

I haven't met the guy personally, but he seems to be the kind of guy that gives corvette owners a bad name, EH? Oldbuckster? (sticking my head out to get chopped off most likely)

NAH, I don't see it that way....I sold my Corvette and bought a Porsche, does that give me a bad name? I will probably get an answer I don't want to read with that question. I had e-mailed Steve last year, seems like a good guy, and has done well for himself, I can't knock him for that. Some here I guess have had dealings with him, and aren't happy with him, that's between them. He is no different than anyone else when it comes to speaker inventory, but he seems to get dumped on, why is that? He has not listed any of those speakers for sale on this forum, that I know of.How a man spends his money, is not my business....I'm not here to defend SS427, I just don't understand how some can amass speakers and that's cool, yet it is wrong for Steve...........Some people buy speakers, some buy amps, some of us cars....It's all good..........EH !!!!!

OB, just referring to a reputation re: corvette owners, not condemning them all. I don't think he has ever been bashed for amassing speakers, just for his methods. It's a free country, he can do what he wants you are right, and we can say what we want, that's what makes it great.

What is wrong with his method..................I ask a question, because I don't understand why the attitude towards him...I realize some have had dealings with him, and quite frankly, don't like his methods, that's fine,for them, but what he does, and the prices that he pays, is out front, no hidden surpises. I am not a friend of his, or his lawyer, or business agent, my only contact with him was maybe 2 e-mails, and they were about cars. I guess I'm just wasting time with this, but it just amazes me, that others can get great deals, or steals, and everyone says, great deal, and Steve buys a speaker for his listed price, and people get upset. Oldtimer, I am not looking to argue about it, I just don't understand the double standard here sometimes. Not trying to bust balls..........actually, have spent way too much time on this anyway...........just don't feel I've received a real answer.....if that makes any sense..............Rock on Bud..............

As I posted earlier, I have been to Steve's house. Delivered a set of Chorus IIs that I tried to get him to sell to me. I would have even let him make a profit. It isn't what you might think. The car collection is real enough, and most he has had since they were new if I remember correctly. He has an incredible collection of Klipsch, most of it parked next to the cars and not set up yet. Lots of K55 drivers (someone wanted some - perhaps he will sell) I know he just bides his time and ends up with incredible deals. All the same, I wouldn't personally want to do business with him... he drives a hard bargain. His speakers probably aren't as well cared for as Michael's vast collection. Just my take...

Bruce

I have missed out on a couple of deals to him...that doesn't make him bad...just faster then me...perhaps it is hobby with him...I admit to getting my nose out of joint when I thought I might try/buy/bid on something only to lose but that's the way it is...he has the means and God Bless him...now, no more Corvette jokes okay??? [H]

Bill