Value of 2 used LaScala's ?

Max2

I have 2 black LaScala's that have the thick wrinkle black finish. They have the pro bass drivers. I don't know if they are industrials because they dont have the aluminum trim. I'm looking at some K-horns and trying to justify the cost difference. Anyone know what these will bring? They are in great shape, not beat up. Can get serial #'s after work and photo's if interested. Thank you

There are a few different types of industrials.

On the pair you discribe....is the horn area sealed?   Are the edges rounded?  Is the woofer access panel recessed?  Is there a plastic plate for the speaker wires?  Handles on the side?

If so....Industrials

As far as what they are worth...depends on the buyer...how long they have been looking...if local to the seller...etc.

Ball park figure for the NYC area is 800 bucks.

Thanks Fritz. The rear of the mid horn is sealed. The edges are rounded. I cant remember if the sub panel is recessed. No handles. I can't remember if the wire plate is plastic but I do know that it has a fuse.

one piece industrials are worth a little more than normal LaScala's.....but normal laScala's have'nt been bringing much on ebay lately.  The last two sold for 650  pr and 400 /single.  The 650 pair were RAW OAK.  

Bids Price* Shipping End Date  sort_down.gif Actions  
  Listing has pictures

Klipsch LaScala Speakers

s.gif 

1 $650.00
Not specified Jul-05 12:21

2201254109598080_1.jpg

1 Vintage Klipsch K 33 B 15" Woofer Circa 1978 LaScala

s.gif 

Buy It Now $50.00
$25.00  Jul-02 14:52

1501361516818080_1.jpg

Klipsch LaScala

s.gif 

1 $400.00
Pickup only Jul-02 11:09

I was actually surprised someone bid on the 650 scala's below.  I was waiting til the auction end to offer 500 bucks.  I need another set of cabs.

There are a few different types of industrials.

On the pair you discribe....is the horn area sealed? Are the edges rounded? Is the woofer access panel recessed? Is there a plastic plate for the speaker wires? Handles on the side?

If so....Industrials

As far as what they are worth...depends on the buyer...how long they have been looking...if local to the seller...etc.

Ball park figure for the NYC area is 800 bucks.

How'd you learn so much about Industrials? [:o]

Thanks for all the reply's. I really don't want to sell them, but if I buy some Khorns they will have to go. It seems like shipping is so high on the big speaks the online market is soft for them. I know if I could get two more LaScala's like these in similar condition for 800.00 I would be on them. I probably need to keep what I have, but I have always wanted a set of Khorns since I was a kid.

What do you guys think about these? Is that actual Rose Wood?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250138995011&rd=1&rd=1

In that sale, Yes those seem to be True Rosewood.......plus they are local to You. Finally the Price (Currently) is fair for these.

If you want them, I bet if you contacted the seller, stating you were local and wanted them- that he would pull the Auction........Good Luck.

I think some locals are already bidding on them. They are very, very pretty and I guess that is considered an exotic wood. I would hate to have to put a cote of Red Devil industrial black on them...to match the rest of my get up. [:)] j/k

Those would have the old iron mid horn in them wouldn't they?

"How'd you learn so much about Industrials? Surprise "

Check your emails about 15 months ago.

I had a few pairs of the 1 peice industrial's with out the trim.

I paid 600 bucks for one pair and 500 for the other.

1 pair was part of the cab give away deal of last year.