Home from Hope: Great Visit With Roy and Listening to Jubes

Travis, you ducking the smoking question ?????

Seems so...

Ok Travis...how bout it...veneer? Naked horns? Passive/active? Kick hiney 2A3 amps or some weenie solid state? 2 way?

It's ok to tell Robbie & me...it'll be just between us three

[A]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Seems so...

Ok Travis...how bout it...veneer? Naked horns? Passive/active? Kick hiney 2A3 amps or some weenie solid state? 2 way?

[A]

Coytee, what makes you so special....we all want to know...[bs] "it'll be just between us three".[;)] Coytee you really are a troublemaker![;)]

Did you get a notion of when the museum is going to move to Indy?

Also, that container on the table under Paul's picture isn't an urn, not for Paul at least...he's buried in a handsome vault that has a BS button etched on it...the pic has been on the Forum before...

• Moderators

Also, that container on the table under Paul's picture isn't an urn, not for Paul at least...he's buried in a handsome vault that has a BS button etched on it...the pic has been on the Forum before...

I would like to see that pic, if anyone knows where to find it????

• Moderators

Sorry OB, I have been busy herding cats. I quit six weeks ago, as reported in the quit smoking thread, and I have not had a cig since, nor any other form of tobacco or nicotine. I constantly crave for them because I quit taking Chantix about a week ago, sooner then I should have. So everything is good so far, and thanks for asking about it. It feels good everytime I say I quit and I am still quit.

Travis

• Moderators

Seems so...

[A]

Coytee,

I got some stuff rolling around in my brain, and some stuff that the production department has to mull over. Let me ask you this first, are the LF sections (what is the official name for those anyway) made of MDF or birch ply?

Travis

• Moderators

Travis, that is very cool! One day I hope to make it to Hope. I have a feeling that next time I pay you a visit, the CW's will be in another room... And the sound in the listening room will be from another universe. Cheers, Tim. I miss the Lonestar (among other things [;)])

Tim,

You are welcome any time, you know that. That girl sure is pretty, I am surprised you have not been back for a visit already. I told you the women in Texas are the most beautiful anywhere. Come on back and after you play in Austin for a few days we will road trip it up to Dallas for a day or two and then over to Hope.

Travis

Hang in there Travis. I can only try to imagine how hard it must be (non smoker). My wife woke up one night (about 10 years ago) and had some kind of chest pain. Freaked her out as her mother died of lung cancer. She quit that very day and has not smoked since. She DID get addicted to the nicotine gum for about a year but she slowly weened herself off that and now she's nicotine free for about 10 years.

The intersting thing is TODAY, she will make a comment about how this person smells... I TRIED to tell her that she reeked of smoke back when and she'd never believe me. Now that she's quit she is far more intolerant of smokers than I am or ever was. Go out to dinner and I want first seats available, smoking or not. She will over ride my comment and state that it must be non smoking.

Was a hard ride for her and I'm very proud that she's made it this far and hope she KEEPS that demon at bay for the rest of her life. I think she knows that if she slips and were for some freaky reason try just ONE... she'd probably slide back down to where she was. That's why I keep fostering that new found 'anti smoker' angst she seems to have (don't most former smokers at one point go a little overboard in the opposite direction of tolerance?)

ahh... anyways... hang in there. It's tough but it'll be better for you in the long run. After all, if you're like most normal people, you'd like to watch your kids grow up & meet your grandkids someday so you can spoil them and explain to them what those FREAKING HUGE and loud speakers are that you have in your living room!!

My wifes mother never made it to that stage having died right about the age of 60.

I got some stuff rolling around in my brain, and some stuff that the production department has to mull over. Let me ask you this first, are the LF sections (what is the official name for those anyway) made of MDF or birch ply?

1. The bass bins are made of the same grade plywood as anything else they make.

2. Per Roy, they can/will make the bass bin out of any of their standard finishes if so desired, just a matter of $$

3. Evidently, they can also make the bass bins out of OTHER types of non standard finishes (like the versions heading to Colorado which I think are in treated plywood????)

As an aside (and not to tick Roy off if this is inappropriate)...

When we were in Indy we saw the prototype pair. I did not get a picture of the bottom front of it but one thing that NOW makes sense to me on how they put the "pretty" Jubes together...

On the prototypes bottom, they extended the base plate lip about 3/4" of an inch relative to the rest of the cabinet. In other words, the prototype bass bins had a 3/4" DEEPER/LONGER (front to back) base than they did tops. When they created the pretty facads and grills for the pretty versions, this 3/4" extension became the integral support for those pieces.

If I was going to order a pair "all out" then unless they were going to be able to deliver it to me with grills and all the fancy stuff, I'd at least find out about making them with this 3/4" extended lip so I could investigate having my own fronts made and having the supports for them already in place. If you did NOT use any front facade parts, this 3/4" lip isn't noticable so its existence woudn't matter (visually).

I don't know if all that made sense or if in your case, it would matter... Just some of my ramblings (hmm...I feel like Oldbuckster more & more [:o] )

I would like to see that pic, if anyone knows where to find it????

Here you go.

post-19548-13819339767692_thumb.jpg

TRAVIS, Good Show Bud, hang in there, it's not that hard now, Big Test is when you get a few drinks in Ya', you must not give in to the urge, and once you get past that hurdle, it's home free......Hang in there.......Good Job....Jubilee's might be good reward !!!!.....I rest my case....EH !!!!!