Home from Hope: Great Visit With Roy and Listening to Jubes

• Moderators

I really like the Jubilee with the veneer.........Mahogany?........Are you taking the plunge for Jubes?

I am not sure where these two speakers came from, I think they have been used as demonstrators and or in the lab for a bit of time and they had some wear. They are by no means to show off what the wood shop can do, put since the LF section comes from the theater division the cosmetics are the least of the concerns of the people who usually purchase these items. Here is a photo of the Jub from the Museum, I am not sure, but I think Colter said this is the one in the photo with Paul Klipsch that had the wood speaker on top.

post-15134-13819339710582_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Okay...okay...the pictures are really great and we do appreciate you posting them.....so.....what's the decision???????

I sent Roy an email asking him where to send the check. I need to get him some info on some cosmetic things that I want to see if they can get done at the shop. Roy will route those requests to the appropriate people to see if it is possible and, if so, to cost them out.

No diamonds, yet, I am trying to do some things that will dress them up a bit which allow the diamonds to go the wife.

Travis

• Moderators

Yeeehawwww......I am so excited for you.....that is great....I was hoping you would order the Jubs....they sound great don't they.....

So tell us honestly (but remember Roy is a member here too)....isn't Roy great.....I think he's so funny.....it's fun to be around him....he makes me laugh....alot.

You know the wife will like the diamonds.....but I stand by my orginal statement....the diamonds on the speakers didn't impress me.

I love the way the Jubs sound....awesome....just awesome.....I know you and Roy will figure out a way to get what you want.

Congratulations....Travis....I know you have been contemplating this decision for a while now......

How did like the trip to Hope....pretty amazing....isn't it????

• Moderators

Yeeehawwww......I am so excited for you.....that is great....I was hoping you would order the Jubs....they sound great don't they.....

So tell us honestly (but remember Roy is a member here too)....isn't Roy great.....I think he's so funny.....it's fun to be around him....he makes me laugh....alot.

You know the wife will like the diamonds.....but I stand by my orginal statement....the diamonds on the speakers didn't impress me.

I love the way the Jubs sound....awesome....just awesome.....I know you and Roy will figure out a way to get what you want.

Congratulations....Travis....I know you have been contemplating this decision for a while now......

How did like the trip to Hope....pretty amazing....isn't it????

Christy,

Roy is a true gentleman. I had never had the plesure of a face to face prior to this trip, we had a couple of brief telephone conversations to get things confirmed, but nothing other then that.

I think you can kind of get a sense of someone by reading a number of their posts over months and years. Of course it impossible to really know somene in just reading what they have to write, but you get a hint of what there personality is like, what kind of person they are. This was confirmed in my visit with Roy on Friday. You get a sense in reading what Roy has to say on the forum, and the help that he offers, that he is a really nice guy, and a dedicated Klipsch employee. However, it just doesn't translale like it does in person. He recounted story after story about the company, the history of the Jubilee, his involvment in the horn design, and of course, Mr. Klipsch. While I thourghly enjoyed hearing about all of this, what was most facinating to me was his story. His story is a great one, where he started, where he is now, how he got there, where he is going, are all inspirational. What struck me the most about Mr. Roy, is he has a great sense of balance, and I am not talking about the kind needed to walk on a balance beam.

Roy was great, in every sense, and he did everything he possible could to see that the goal of my trip was achieved. I simply cannot thank him enough, and I only hope there is someway I can return the favor to him in some small way one day.

Travis

• Moderators

"What struck me the most about Mr. Roy, is he has a great sense of balance, and I am not talking about the kind needed to walk on a balance beam."

Travis,

I think that is a most appropriate statement. He has great moral character and a wonderful sense of humor, two qualities I admire in a person. Well balanced, indeed.

Check out some of the names of those who have gone before. Some real characters have graced the inside of this place!

It seems so long ago... like a dream....I had no idea what the future was to be at that time. I was just another 'hanger-on'.

geesh, we may be Rock Stars after all!

'Characters' ...that's so very kind of you [:^)]

Nice pix Travis, thanks for the memories

"Roy was great...and I only hope there is someway I can return the favor to
him in some small way one day."

I understand he's a very poor fisherman, and could use some help along those lines.[:D]

Trav,

You're killing me man

How did they sound. Were they biamped or crossover network? Which way do you plan on doing them? When can I drive down and listen to them? Don't mind if I invite myself on over.....

Are you going with a veneer? Are you going to cover the horns or leave them as is?

Answers man, I need answers.

Congrats,

Paul