KLIPSCH NOT THE SPEAKER OF CHOICE FOR BURGLARS?

BigStewMan

My home was burglarized last Friday while I was at work. Other than ransacking the place (probably looking for cash), they stole my brand-new Mac and my laptop. In the same room as the computers, was a complete Klipsch F3 Synergy setup with a KSW-12 sub, Yamaha Amp, Flat-Screen High-Def TV, etc...they didn't even touch that stuff. Fortunately, my prized Heresy's are boxed up at the moment and stored until my "lounge" is finished. Part of me wishes that they would have went ahead and took the F3 system, because I'd like to upgrade and the insurance money would have made that possible. Still sucks to be robbed though!

• Moderators

This is really a lousy time for me to mention this to you guys, but better late than never. I was a property and casualty insurance agent in my former life. Most, if not all insurance companies have a predetermined "limit of liability" for audio/video equipment, as well as jewelry, artwork etc. If the audio/video equipment, jewelry, artwork is not "scheduled" the limit of liability is usually somewhere around $2500.00 upwards, generally not exceeding $5000.00 and your deductible is applied prior to payment. Meaning....if all your audio equipment gets stolen, blown away or burnt you will receive that predetermined limit, less your deductible. I would suggest that you guys/gals read your policies and speak to your insurance agent about the "limit of liability" on certain items.

got all the product info and fortunately my wife works for the company that we're insured with and we have replacement value insurance. to prevent a repeat performance--i'm considering a very large dog. i've been wanting a bullmastiff for years--i may finally get one. we did go spend friday night at my daughter's house, just in case they decided to come back for the more expensive stuff that they left behind.

Most, if not all insurance companies have a predetermined "limit of liability" for audio/video equipment, as well as jewelry, artwork etc.

Thanks for that tip--I'll have to look specifically at our policy. all i was told was that we're covered to replace whatever we lost at today's prices--(by the way we are insured with AAA, since my wife works there and gets a discount). i'm not sure how they differentiate between the dwelling and the possessions or if they do.

Anyone that enters a man's home uninvited and steals is a very low form of human being, and a public flogging would be warranted. The only thing lower would be a looter....a thief is a thief for whatever reason they steal............Very Sorry to hear that Stew...The good part is no one was hurt......

I'm sorry about your home invasion, that really blows. We had a bullmastiff and a dogue de bordeau that we had to put to sleep last year. Definitely a good deterent. Of the two the dogue was a better watch dog. Both were beautiful and wonderful. I miss them both terribly. We still have a english/american bulldog, and a rat terrier. I try to make them visible as possible. So far no problems. Sorry for your problems.

One of the insurance options popular around hear is the "inside contents" section which is typically (average value) about $80,000.00 for the average homeowner. You don't need pictures, serial numbers, inventories, etc. Just go out and buy what was lost. No deductables. This makes it easy for the insurance company and easy for you. Unfortunately it adds to the cost of your home insurance but not that much. I used to send my home inventory every year to the State Farm people and the agent said what the hell are you messing with the inventory for? (it was about 3/4" thick) He said just insure the inside contents for 75 or 80k and it's a done deal. This includes rugs, pictures, silverware, plates, soap, cabinets, stereo, tv, coffee tables, and any other junk you have laying around the house. You can also include the garage contents with the exception of the automobiles. Antique cars are separatly insured.

JJK

we did go spend friday night at my daughter's house, just in case they decided to come back for the more expensive stuff that they left behind.

i'd have send the family away and i'd have stayed home by myself with nothing but my ruger and beer to keep me company. hopeing they'd come back.

i hate a stinkin, no good , dirty, rotten thief !

BTW. whoever posted that about the insurance.....thanks cause now you got me thinkin i might need to check into that..

• Moderators

"BTW. whoever posted that about the insurance.....thanks cause now you got me thinkin i might need to check into that.."

Strutter,

You are most welcome. I hope more folks read this thread and take note. A lot of us would lose a lot of money if a "limit of liability clause" were to apply in the event of a loss. I considered posting the insurance comments in 2 channel so more forum members would see it.

thanks for the well-wishes everyone--sorry i couldn't respond sooner; but I DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME ANYMORE!!!!!!! The police crime lab folks came out today and said "We got some awesome prints." It was cool watching them work and they didn't mind my smart alek remarks about those t.v. shows having the crime solved within an hour.

by the way, they told me that (at least in the los angeles area) the third row seats of SUVs (especially Tahoes) are a hot commodity for thiefs. They said anyone having one and not using it should either remove it or fold it down if yours has that option. this crime lab tech has personally took prints for 25 cases of third row seat thefts.

stay safe everyone--there are low-lifes out there.