Khorns in Orlando BIN sure look familiar!

I'm sure thinking of pulling the BIN trigger on these. The pictures look familiar. Has anyone seen these listed before? I don't want to get caught up in another scam. The seller only has 6 prior feedbacks. I have sent the seller an email asking to inspect them first and am still waiting on a reply. Hmm?[^o)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190138220916&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go check them out in person before making an offer.

they have AA xovers so some xover work is needed.

use a rolled piece of paper or cardboard tube to check the tweeters....blown tweeters are sometimes hard to spot with AA networks due to how wide the mid horn over laps an our hearing perceptions above 8Khz.

Guys,

It is always wise to be cautious.

Note: I have edited my comments since I originally used the name of a scammer in Orlando FL. Since it looks like the deal fell through, I have removed the name so I won't get harassing calls from the bad guy.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Guys,

It is always wise to be cautious.

If the seller is named Jerry C Bryant (located in Orlando FL and dealing with Carver and/or Klipsch components). Please contact me before doing business with this gentleman.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I recently built some new Khorn tops for Jerry Bryant of Orlando FL. He bought a pair of "D" Khorns on ebay and contacted me about grills for them. I ended up selling him new tops and a set of grills. These Khorns on ebay are NOT the ones that I built tops for and I don't think they have anything to do with Jerry Bryant. For the record, I found Jerry Bryant to be very good to work with. He paid me a lot of money for the new tops and grills with no trouble at all, and last I heard, he was very happy with the look of his new Khorns.

Greg

post-11090-13819339861802_thumb.jpg

No response back on the phone number request yet. I walked on a similar auction I won last month; the seller wouldn't allow an inspecton prior to me paying him and as it turned out the Khorns had been sold once before. Thanks to some slewthing by Groomslakearea51, the guy turned out to be trouble. We mutually agreed to end our dispute and parted ways. Oh and his Paypal protection is capped at $200. whoopee!

I'm going out to cut the grass; back later [D]

Greg: I am glad your dealings worked out well with this gentleman. Another perspective can be found by looking up his record on e-Bay where he used the handle of "winterparktoys". This was about 2 years ago when he sold La Scalas multiple times. The documentation is clear. I know that e-Bay and PayPal were both after this guy (this is what they told me).

If there is a chance he is again involved, I felt obligated to let other forum members to know about this episode. I will be editing out my comments as soon as the auction has been completed. I fear lawyers.

-Tom

Looks perfectly legitimate to me. Detailed description, photos with his user id, information on contacting local Craters and Freighters etc.. More improtantly, check out the hot models he has hanging around the house. I'm partial to the Arden B Black Pencil Skirt he has for sale. Very nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190137263669