Local LL team goes to World Series

In the summer of 1972 my team got beat by the team that played Taiwan for the Little League World Series Championship. We came in Third place. I remember 3 things about that time:

1) We lived in Bonn Germany and played Weisbaden AFB. I will never forget the facial hair on those guys and how BIG they were. (I can't help but think that some General stacked the deck)

2) That was the year we moved back stateside and I was able to watch the game on The Wild World of Sports and was able to see how small the Taiwanese players were and remember thinking how those dudes were going to get killed!

3) I don't remember the score but Taiwan won by hitting the ball in the park and running around the bases---Amazing.

Good Luck! [Y]

Dig deep in your pockets.......look at the stereo gear you own......kick in a couple of bucks, it's not cheap for them to compete....it's for and about the Kids.......I always chipped in, made sure to eat at the Ball Field, do the 50/50 thing, won it twice, and gave it all to the league.......Some of the best years of my life were the Little League Years with my Son...................Ssssh, don't let that get out, hurt my image.........EH !!!!!!!!

Dig deep in your pockets.......look at the stereo gear you own......kick in a couple of bucks, it's not cheap for them to compete....it's for and about the Kids.......I always chipped in, made sure to eat at the Ball Field, do the 50/50 thing, won it twice, and gave it all to the league.......Some of the best years of my life were the Little League Years with my Son...................Ssssh, don't let that get out, hurt my image.........EH !!!!!!!!

I always figured you as having a soft-spot in your heart or a strong passion for something. Afterall, you are on the KLIPSCH boards.[;)]

Your secret is as safe as an unlocked car w/keys in the ignition[:D].......No worry

Yes, the team is called the "West Salisbury All-Stars"

Eight innings against a well trained and disciplined japanese team....what a game...and a fairy tell ending for one young man. Teams from all over the world...what are the odds that two teams from one state would go back to back. Little league...what a good experience.

Yes, those Far East clubs are a disciplined bunch, and just a shame that someone has to lose. Both teams played their heart out, and I am not totally convinced that the 85 pitch count rule is a such a good idea in post-season play. Nevetheless, it was an entertaining series.

Even got a stick pin (souvenir) from one of the guys from work who attended the Sunday ESPN game Sunday before last.

First time a local LL team has ever gone this far.