Unauthorized dealers

peshewah

I kinda been thinking about this "Unauthorized Dealer" thing, and I know its for our own protection. BUT, Klipsch builds the speaker and releases them and stamps them with a serial #. Does Kipsch sell there product in bulk for a much lower price to individuals or unauthorized dealers? They all can't be stolen or B stock. There are a lot of New line products for sell by unauthorized dealers and you would think they would not be B stock as in repair type a thing if there is a 5 year warranty on them. Can't Klipsch keep track of the serial numbers that they release and only to Authorized dealers. I know there are a lot of Klipsch cabinets(enclosures) that have different drivers in them, but if the driver/ drivers went bad, why not take advantage of the 5 year warranty. Does Klipsch sell speaker without any warranty?.... Confused

Amy, with all do respect, there are a lot and I mean a lot of unauthorized dealer out there, how do they get your product? Klipsch is a big time name and it comes with a big price tag, Yet, there are so many sold that aren't authorized. OK, I'll drop it. I was just thinking, I don't do it very often

This is probably going to piss off alot of guys......

Unauthorized dealers are most likely authorized dealers. Since dealers are not allowed by Klipsch to announce their real price instead of MSRP, it hinders the business. I noticed the unauthorized dealers charge around the same price as authorized dealers, if you know where to shop. Meaning they probably have inventory somewhere, where they brought alot of speakers and they want to move them. I have never seen an unauthorized dealer offering for cheaper than at cost.....

It's called trans-shipping, Klipsch sells the product to an authorized dealer and they of course get "dealer pricing" the dealer then trans-ships the product in volume to a gray market reseller and that if how they get there product. The S/N's are typically removed so that Klipsch cannot trace the product back to the authorized dealer that did the trans-shipping. It is legimate Klipsch product and you will save money but you won't get a warranty, parts or service unless the reseller handles it via a third party.

The authorized dealer looks good because he is moving the Klipsch product and he probably makes less profit per item then selling it out the store front but he moves some of the inventoty quicker.

Hope that somewhat sums it up for you.