Mouse house in ports???

Mr. RF62

Has anyone ever had a mouse make a house through the ports of their speakers?? Its a question that I've wanted to know, has not happened to me, but it would be kinda comfortable in there considering the damping material and such, that is until you PLAY 'em.

Would like some thoughts on this.

Thanks.

When my cat was small it used to climb into my cornwall ports and sleep on the shelf inside. Sometimes even loud music would not make her come out. She tore up some of the acoustic material inside too.

I've also left my corns outside a few times over night on our downstairs patio over weekends. I've often wondered if mice ever got in because we do live in the woods. But, if they did they would not last very long as my 3 cats live in the basement where the speakers are set up. I never saw or found any signs of mice or other critters in any of my speakers.

Mice are attracted to the treated paper cones in Heritage speakers. GET THEM OUT before they destroy something. On the farm mice will eat through a tractor tire to get ahold of the cords in there. Some chewed up some insulation off light units I had that was that woven fibreglass material.

I agree with Michael. Get the mice outta there. They'll eat darn near everything though I don't remember them chewing through tractor tires back on the fam, probably too much readily available corn. We did find where they'd chewed through wood siding and sheathing to get to the corn. Even if the mice didn't chew up the speakers guts (they would) you don't want mouse doo doo in your speaker.

I'd keep the cats out of and away from the speakers too, I think there claws would be drawn to the speaker cones though our couple of indoor cats pretty much left the speakers alone. I did find a pacifier in a homebuilt vented speaker once when I had to replace the bass driver.

Mice? Easy to believe. When my buddy parked his CBR900 Honda over the winter, a mouse made a nest in the air filter compartment and chewed everything in the area. He laughed until he found out that a new filter cost $70Cdn!

My bike has a Corbin seat with upgraded cover. While it was stored in my garage, the mice had a chew at it and now I need to get the seat recovered.