Sweet sounding system with high WAF

wpines

I've now got a second system, outside of the man-cave! Walnut Belle's, a Heart CD6000, and a Sophia Baby. Real real pretty, great WAF. Good WAF and a sweet sound was the smartest way to break out of the spare room, but the sound and look of this little trio was way way sweeter than I expected. She thinks the Belles are "pretty" and the Baby is "cute" but this sound is what really made her smile. Me too. Thanks to all of the folks on the forum from whom I purchased all of these components (all 9/10 or 10/10).

Congratulations. Glad to see you graduated from the "man-cave" and your wife approves. Belles are beautiful speakers, I don't know how someone couldn't love them.

Well PWK reshaped the LaScala to be pretty and named the new speaker after his late first wife, Belle Klipsch. Since her name means "pretty" in French, it all makes sense to me.

I have a similar approach here......a multichannel 6 Cornwall system that emphasizes linearity and impact, and a WAF driven 2 channel system (McIntosh MX-110/MC-30/Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000/Belle Klipsch) that focuses on midrange bloom and the vintage "cool" factor. It's nice to have two systems that can show off different sonic approaches and strengths, as well as having differing aesthetics/decorative "themes".

Heritage and tube gear are both WAF approved here - in both systems[8-|].

Congratulations. Glad to see you graduated from the "man-cave" and your wife approves. Belles are beautiful speakers, I don't know how someone couldn't love them.

Oh, if we all could have Christys for wives...Can you work on Cathy for me? [;)]

Congrats on the great second system. For now, my nicer second music system away from my man cave will have to remain my KGs on the porch. I am truly envious of your beautiful Belle system.

And as an owner of both Klipschorns and Belles, Klipschorns are beautiful speakers, but visually, they cannot hold a candle to the Belle Klipsch, who are the Belles of the ball. [:$]

Carl.

How do the Fortes or Forte II's compare with the Cornwall III's? Assuming that you kick up the power a bit on them vs. the Cornwalls. I know they go lower, but can they speak with the same "authority?"

• Moderators

Claude,

It is really unfair to ask that question. I am particularly found of the Cornwall IIIs. As you know they came into our possession when we attended the 2006 Pilgrimage in Hope. Dtel's name was drawn from a hat to win the Cornwall IIIs. That being said, the forte IIs are excellent speakers, probably one of the best buys for the money in the used Heritage line up.

Initially in an A/B listening test I heavily favored the forte IIs. After allowing about 100 hours of break in time on the CIIIs a noticeable improvement in performance began to emerge. Now after even more break in time on the Cornwall IIIs, I can honestly say the CIIIs are superior.

I still love the forte IIs and we will never sell them. I would love to own Khorns or Jubs. I would really like to A/B test those two side by side. After hearing the Jubs in Indy I am kind of leaning towards Jubs, but it is impossible to make that decision at this point. I do not enjoy listening to music at loud levels and as you well know the volume was "pumped up" on the Jubs in Indy. They were so loud I chose to leave the room, not only for myself, but out of concern for our grandson's ears. He is only seven years old and I didn't really think it was good idea to have him listening at those levels.

The clarity of sound projected by the CIIIs is impressive. Of course I would never sell the CIIIs either. I guess I will end up with eleven speakers in my family room. Any new purchase will have to far surpass what I hear from my CIIIs and the timing of a purchase will of course, depend on our budget restraints.

BTW, Claude, thanks for asking!

WPines, I see that you have both a sophia baby and the blueberry/vrd
combo...could you give a short descrption of the differences between
the two setups? I am trying to decide if I want to get a sophia for now
and save up for the bb/vrd later, and if so will i still use the
sophia's after that point.

Thanks,

clay

Claude,

I would really like to A/B test those two side by side. After hearing the Jubs in Indy I am kind of leaning towards Jubs, but it is impossible to make that decision at this point. I do not enjoy listening to music at loud levels and as you well know the volume was "pumped up" on the Jubs in Indy. They were so loud I chose to leave the room, not only for myself, but out of concern for our grandson's ears. He is only seven years old and I didn't really think it was good idea to have him listening at those levels.

The clarity of sound projected by the CIIIs is impressive. Of course I would never sell the CIIIs either. I guess I will end up with eleven speakers in my family room. Any new purchase will have to far surpass what I hear from my CIIIs and the timing of a purchase will of course, depend on our budget restraints.

BTW, Claude, thanks for asking!

I agree with you on the Jubilee volume, but it had to be to override all the converstions of 60 people. It wasn't a true listening experience. The Jubs were originally supposed to be next to the Khorns in Hunter's room, but it didn't happen (I would have stayed there all day)........I'm hoping it will happen next time soon ;>).

Anyone contemplating buying Khorns would probably end up with Jubilees if they don't mind the Ford Model T color.

I just sold all 4 of my Choruses, I's and II's and I'm working on all-horn rear channels for my HT. The fronts are still modified Khons with very large sub woofers. I have found nothing to beat that yet, but I'm still young.

• Moderators

Claude I am really not concerned about the Model T color because dtel is very skilled with woodworking. Even if they were Model T color I wouldn't mind. Somethings are just worth sacrificing if you can get the sound quality you are looking for. I wouldn't have made that statement twenty years ago, back then I was more concerned with "decorating". I still like to maintain some sense of decorating style in my home, but I for one do not find the Jubs to be ugly. I do prefer the way the larger horn looks on top and I think it probably sounds a little better too.

They Jubs are what they are....something really special. But then again, I think all Klipsch speakers/products are something really special.

I think logistically placing the Jubs and the Khorns in the same room wasn't possible. Roy was gracious enough to defer the speakers to the Holiday Inn room, which was probably the best idea at the time.

I was going to apologize for "hijacking" this thread, but I think these comments probably belong here.