la-scala bass bin, to port or not to port that is the question ?????????????????

joessportster

I'm a little confused about your experiment as well. I would expect the bass response to be terrible with the bottom removed. The doghouse should be sealed in order to properly load the back of the driver. Am I missing something?

it was terriable as i said, thus the question here asking for opinions from people that have actually tried the mod. i took the bottom off simply to hear what it would sound like you know "experiment" . I learn different things by experimenting not necessarily by reading or going to school.

i simply remembered something about a thread discussing a mod and decided to ask about it to see if it was something i thought i may be interested in. i have looked over the past threads that dean posted links to and it does sound interesting, but i didnt see anything like a review from someone that actually had listened to a pair, just passing comments about how they felt they were deeper, and they didnt perceive any loss of detail

Joe

OK, gotcha.

I am here to help folks and not bully anyone, you are correct I could have worded my post to your "for sale" ad a little more diplomatically. But your response was yelling and threats so did you expect me to respond positively to that? My case in point is just look how you responded to DJK's response you can't seem to take a little jab without flying off the handle. You handled it the same way with insults and threats, not the way to go about getting help or answers to questions.

I have helped many folks on this forum in many ways, can you say the same for yourself?

As far as communicating with you off the forum I have no desire to communicate with a troglodyte that cannot control his attitude or temper.

Nuff Said

yes i can say i have helped people on this forum, I have also been helped on this forum and therefore dont feel superior to anyone, i dont think you have a whole lot of room to speak of attitude and temper take a look at your last post and this one with your name calling and foul language !!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt ask djk or anyone else to come off as superior and speak down to me because they thought my experiment was beneath them or there mod, i simply asked for opinions about that mod and explained the way i came to looking into the mod, if you take a moment there were others that expressed ideas that they beleived the experiment could garner no good (a waste of time) but they did it with a modicum of decency and i replied in the same way, i also have no desire to speak with you here or otherwise but i figure if you or anyone wants to sling mud this forum is not the place for it, "i can take critism very well, i wont take anyone trying to belittle me at all, in any form"

but as you say Nuff Said

Wow, this doesn't feel like elementary school at all! What happened to sucking it up and learning something?

i will suck up critism when it is warranted and done in a tone of trying to help, not when some arrogant individual decides they are so elite they may approach and speak in any manor they choose, you are correct this is not elementry school and thats exactly why i will not be spoken down to or bullied in any way without an equal retort

Joe

• 1 month later...

As far as communicating with you off the forum I have no desire to communicate with a troglodyte that cannot control his attitude or temper.

Nuff Said

What the hell is a troglodyte? Man!, that's what I call a 25 cent word. phew.

EDIT:

Did a web search, and came up with this little fella more often than anything else, but I think I know what you meant.

post-12381-13819348975898_thumb.jpg

This is more of what I had in mind.

Here is a modern definition: Troglodyte seems to have emerged from the mists of time untouched by human evolution. Devoid of a single progressive idea and lacking the slightest awareness of social and cultural advances, Troglodyte has developed an incoherent political philosophy that he characterizes as "conservative" or "libertarian", but which could be more accurately described as "bigoted narcissism". His aggressive posturing often frightens off weaker, more timid Warriors. In pitched battle, however, Troglodyte easily loses control and his attack quickly degenerates into a rant. Just for the fun of it, Weenie, Issues. Pinko and Evil Clown will sometimes deliberately goad him into a towering rage.