License Plates

sputnik

We were talking about cool plates in another thread and I thought it might be a good topic. I say the coolest plate in the world is the Northwest Territiories polar bear plate - I think Nunavut got to keep the design after the split from the NWT. The ol' "Famous Potatoes" Idaho plate may be the dumbest - although I loved seeing it on expensive sports cars when I lived there. In New Hampshire, does everyone live free?

Seen any good ones? There must be thousands of specialty plates now. Are there any good ones in your state (or really stupid ones for that matter.) Got any clever ideas for good vanity plates? Let's hear 'em. Maybe Duke can tell us how license plates are made since he, no doubt, has first hand experience.

post-17394-13819344434786_thumb.jpg

Sput, that is one cool plate. I drive a Yukon XL and when I saw a plate like this

YT_MidnightSun_798.jpg

I just had to have one. I kept searching ebay and got a 65 plate (I was born in 1965) that is green on white rather then red on white like the above plate. I had it on the front of my Yukon for quite a while, every once in a while somebody would ask me if I had driven down. LOL. When I moved to MD, I had to put a "real" plate on the front so now it sits in the garage. Check out the miners pan! They all have that...I guess Duke was busy with the paint brush.

2856.jpg