Heresy Surround w/ RF-7 mains?

Saturn5

I don't think you can go wrong if you get em' cheap ,no matter what.There is gonna be a big difference in timbre but for cheap try em'.You could even sell later and get some rb5's or rs7's if you want,price is the factor.

I'll have to check on them. They guy only wants $250 for the pair, and they're here in town so I can pick them up and hopefully listen to them before buying. If there's nothing wrong with them, I'm having a hard time finding a reason NOT to buy them. I could always use them for a bedroom system. [:P]

I agree with fish. I tried this mix before & they are not a timbre match. Use them elsewhere or sell them to me.[:P]

IMHO.... On whether they would "work", well dependent on position, height, amp, etc, they may work for you. Fish and Arky are pretty much right about "timbre", but then again, it's the listener.... I use a couple pairs as an A&B L/R system in the really weird designed living room for HT (NO usable corners, at all). Does it work, yes. Could it be better, probably. Can I afford a complete RF7 based or RF8xx based HT system, no..... Like Arky said, if you don't like what you hear, then we'll just have to take them off your hands!!! LOL[;)]