EMOTIVA

aussiemark

I currently own the emotiva mps1 7 channel amp and the sound quality and power is great for the money. The folks at emotiva are also excellent to work with. I had it mated with my rf7's when I had them and it made for a great combination. The construction of the amps is also unheard of at there price points top quality components throughout. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks skepjk01 for your reply. I was on the verge of obtaiining a Rotel rb 1080 for my 7's but I suffered a major financial setback. She's gone, I'm back and I want to grab an amp that will get the best out of the 7's rather than a Denon 4802 which is OK but doesn't do it for me. I have a Velodyne HGS 18 and Ilike it at concert levels. The topend is a bit much at present. I'm 49 and the older I get the louder ,cleaner and tighter this old Aussie loves it.

• 1 year later...

Of course Dean would have to rewire it using only a Ding-Dong wrapper.

Ha Ha. I'd have to make sfogg do it, my eyes aren't good enough for that kind of work. Really, cheap parts in amps is O.K., I just don't want them in my crossovers. :)

I wouldn't choose amps like the Emotivas for critical 2-channel listening -- but I bet they rock for HT and DVD/Blu-ray concerts. They give you a lot of amp for the money.