THX Ultra2 System ... FOUR subwoofers too much?

mrogge

I am looking at the THX Ultra2 System. I havent heard the system yet, but will try to track down a local dealer this weekend. I read that the bass is awesome from the 2 subwoofers and dedicated amp that are included.

But what about adding a second set of subwoofers and second am? ka-1000 + ka-120 subwoofers

Would 2000 watts of bass and FOUR subwoofers blow out my windows?? Room is something like 20x40, but unfortunately is more of a virtual room... as it includes half walls and adjoins the rest of my home. More of a 20x40 seating area than a room. Which isnt ideal for acoustics... but all I have to work with short of building some walls!!

About a week ago I spoke with a dealer who had installed EIGHT subs with four amps in a THX Ultra2 system. I don't know the exact room dimensions but it was big. As you might guess, he said the bass was spectacular.

• Moderators

I had heard a " pair " of them at both Indy and Colter's homes and they are Very Nice, four in one room would be almost scary !

If it were to blow you off the sofa while watching a movie it MAY be to much.

Wrench722, just an off topic question but how do you like your Sony TV? My best friend just ordered the same TV as you but in the 50" size for $1599 through SonyStyle.com. They had the 60" like yours that retailed for $5000 on sale for $1799. His TV originally retailed for $4000. These are factory refurbished TVs but they have the same warranty as through a retailer and they offered free shipping and 18 month no interest no payment financing.

I wish I would have known about those before I bought my JVC!

Wrench722, just an off topic question but how do you like your Sony TV? My best friend just ordered the same TV as you but in the 50" size for $1599 through SonyStyle.com. They had the 60" like yours that retailed for $5000 on sale for $1799. His TV originally retailed for $4000. These are factory refurbished TVs but they have the same warranty as through a retailer and they offered free shipping and 18 month no interest no payment financing.

I wish I would have known about those before I bought my JVC!

I love it. Is your friend getting a Grand WEGA? There is a big diffrent.