Ray Garrison's La Scala Speakers 4 sale :(

Ray Garrison

Hi there. I know this board is not (yet?) supposed to be a "stuff 4 sale" forum, but I thought the members of the community ought to have the first shot...

As those of you who read my posts are awhere, my company shut down a few weeks ago. I still haven't found anything, and need to sell of some rather prized assets to cover immediate costs of living.

I have a pair of La Scalas, a pair of Epic CF4 and a pair of KG4. I don't need all of them. I decided to offer the La Scalas to anyone here to could give them a good home.

These are 1974 series La Scalas with the metal midrange horns and the Alnico magnets. I installed Al's crossovers (think I got the first pair.) I still have the original AA crossovers if you'd like those as well, though I haven't any idea why...

They are the flat black painted raw plywood version. They have been schlepped around a bit, and have several dings in the wood - chips off the lower right hand corner of one cabinet, things like that. I have some digital photos hereabouts somewheres, I'll post them when I find them if anyone's interested in seeing the picks. I'll also post the serial numbers (L series) if you'd like.

They look ugly, but sound absolutely beautiful.

I live in Oxford, Ct. Shipping them anywhere would be just about out of the question... I'd guess a LOT of $$$ to crate and ship. I'd meet anyone halfway to deliver in person. Anyone within driving distance who'd like to come check 'em out is welcome.

My temporary email address is Raymondegarrison@aol.com if you want to send a private message.

I'm asking $1,300 for the speakers WITH Al's crossovers and the original AA crossovers.

If anyone wants the CF4 instead (fat chance...) let me know.

Thanks for reading. Moderators, if this post is inappropriate, perhaps we can get the 4 sale forum up sometime soon? Hummmmmm?

Yours in sorrow,

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening: must be difficult. I'm going to think about this overnight...but I'm very interested in purchasing your speakers, though I cannot commit unequivocably tonight. Your price is fair.

Are you sure you can't just store these someplace and play like they aren't assets? Then you could "rediscover" them at a later time?

Cheers?

wow, this really hurts.

have you gotton any suppliment pay from teh gov? you shoudl try hotjobs.com.... what EXACTLY did you do? maybe someone on this BB knows someone looking for a CTO or something of the likes.

I wish i could help... try getting Juno or NetZero internet... that might save you 20 bucks a month, 240 a year... not that much but it is something. My dad has friends that lost just about everything when ENRON fell, one friend lost over 5 million dollars now that ENRON is no longer... the name is but the company really isnt.

I am praying for you.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Ray-

This is very sad ... I know how much you love those speakers ... your price is very fair ... if no one else wants them (can not imagine that) I'll take them ... was thinking of buying a couple more of Al's crossovers anyway ... and then I could sell a pair of mine with less desirable components on ebay. Why don't you post them on ebay with a $1300 reserve and see if you can get more? You are in my prayers. With your talent you should find a job quickly. Best of luck. Remember: When one door closes, God always opens another (better) one. It is our job to remain free of any anger or resentment (NOT easy) so that His solution will be clear to us and we will be open and aware enough to see it and accept it with open arms.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

Okay, you can call me naive, simple or stupid, but seeing that a fellow BB member is FORCED to sell his La Scala makes me not only sad, but calls for more than words (no criticism of anyone who posted above intended).

If I remeber correctly it was Ray (among others) who put his trust in Al Klappenberger's skill before his first pair of x-overs actually hit the market. Now we all spend $$ on this great product and when one of the persons who helped to initiate this upgrade needy support we sit back like this?

I mean if only those members who read/post on this forum frequently donated let's say anything between $10 and $100 wouldn't that help?

After all what did I as an ordinary guy 'learn' from September, 11th? Kind words do certainly help, but if someone finds himself in a situation where he HAS TO part with his beloved Klipsch gear, I think one has to offer some kind of practical help!!!

So as I've said, I might be overreacting but if more people are willing to help, you can surely count me in (even though I won't be able to offer muchFrown.gif.)

Come on everybody, let's make this a more positive end to a truelly catastrophic year!!!

Wolfram

Wolfram,

I appreciate the thought, but I'd rather not see this or any other forum used for cash raising purposes... kind of goes against the free and open nature of the bulletin board that Klipsch hosts for us. Plus, it kind of goes against the grain of my enthusiastically capitalistic little heart Smile.gif .

Everyone else - thanks for the kind thoughts. Didn't post here looking for symphathy, really, just wanted to give dedicated Klipsch fans the first shot before I went the EBay route. I'll wait at least a few days and see what might turn up here before I offer them out to the greater public at large.

BobG, PhilH, other moderators... we could REALLY REALLY use a forum on the board where we could buy and sell the older Klipsch speakers, particularly now that the Heritage line is in limbo... having some free time these days, I'm available to build and host one if you'd like... Wink.gif

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

My offer still stands, if no one closer turns up. I sent you an email. It would be great to have a site that told the history of Klipsch speakers and documented everything from changes to mods in a FAQ section as well as a section to offer old horn speakers and associated equiptment for sale or trade. The EICO and Altec sites could be a model for the historical part (old ads, flyers, catalogs, etc. etc.) If Klipsch isn't interested I'd be willing to donate to the the development and maintainance of such a site and I'm sure others would donate both material and cash. Maybe Klipsch and others would advertise on the site.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

This message has been edited by soundog on 12-31-2001 at 05:58 PM

Here is an idea to expand on the one two infront of me... Ray, start up teh Classified section, a private one but EVERYONE here would know you are teh real deal. You say put a whatever is appropriate selling fee, maybe a percentage or the tax or something like this on each sell, and i am sure that once you got a community of advertisers and visiters, everyone here no doubt, you would start to make money. maybe this is too far fetched but it would be nice to have a site from you about klipsch, you know so much and are just a nice all around guy, from what i have read. it would be sort of like an eBay but not an auction... don't really know how it would work out but is worth a try i think any ways! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Ray,

I too have been out of work these last few months...nothing like tightening the belt straps during the Holidays! I hope something happens in your immediate future to save you from having to part w/ you beloved LaScalas...but if not I'm sure you know that this is America and you (we!) will recover and eventually you will be bragging to all of us here at the BB about your beautiful new Klipschorns!

HERE'S WISHING ALL OF US A HAPPIER AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Dave

This message has been edited by DLUngurait on 01-01-2002 at 08:19 PM

I'm in Dubai's camp ... why don't we all chip in whatever we can ... and we'll collectively buy those LaScala's and deed them back to him on "permanent loan".

I'll toss in the first $50. Make your checks payable to Ray Garrison, and send to me. I'll collect them and forward the whole lot of them down to him at the end of the month. Email me for my address.

Let's do this for Ray!

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Guys,

I *REALLY* appreciate the sentiment, but I can't go along with collection idea. Let's let someone buy them and enjoy them as much as I did.

Hopefully, by the time I figure out where I'm gonna land and what I'll be doing, the La Scalas will be back in production and I'll get a new pair. Of course, I'd have to buy another set of Al's crossovers, unless Klipsch surprises me and makes them an optional upgrade (nudge nudge wink wink *HEY... ANYBODY LISTENING?*).

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

I do not think any amount of debt or personal problems would be solved by me parting with any portion of my stereo collection. Even if it pays the mortgage, all that would be is postponement, selling the LaScalas is selling the heart and soul of your system. It takes an average of three months for most professionals to find gainful employmnet. Sell something else. Anything else. Now is when you need music the most. I have learned a great deal at your feet, Ray, I hope that this does not mean you will be moving on to other pastures, but only that you are raising cash to make room for better horns. Hang on, things are getting better already. "It is going to be a bright, bright, sun-shiny day!"

With Much Love,

Colincwm9.gif