Where's meagain?

Daddy Dee

I dunno either. I picked up and dropped off her VRD pair in August (had to replace capacitors that three of us had in our VRDs that we found out wouldn't handle the published spec ratings, so I trucked all three pairs up to Craig's for the swap in person).....haven't seen or heard anything from her since.

I do hope everything is OK....

The caps in question were not standard equiptment. I installed Sonicap Platimum's in three sets of amps as a special request. Sonicraft found that the cap were not able to handle the 600V it was originally rated at (The hard and expensive way). So he de-rated the entire line to 400V. The effective voltage in the VRD on these caps is about 460 or 470V. I had two of the platimums fail in my own amps over a one year period and one failed in Dave's amps so we just replaced them all. Sonicraft covered most all of the expenses involved and volenteered to replace them in all the amps I had installed them. First class customer service.

All of these caps have been replaced so no current VRD owner has a thing to worry about. Besides if the caps fail in your amps you will know it instantly and without a doubt.

Craig

• 1 month later...

I had two of the platimums fail in my own amps over a one year period and one failed in Dave's amps so we just replaced them all.

Craig

Yes - and of us all, mine were working perfectly. I really didn't want them changed cuz they sounded fantastic. I'm still sad about it. Craig - did they ever make new ones?

Hi everyone! Missed you all.

I had two of the platimums fail in my own amps over a one year period and one failed in Dave's amps so we just replaced them all.

Craig

Yes - and of us all, mine were working perfectly. I really didn't want them changed cuz they sounded fantastic. I'm still sad about it. Craig - did they ever make new ones?

Hi everyone! Missed you all.

Not that I know of and even if they were I'm not going to be a test bed for them. They will have to be in use for a few years before I'll take a chance on them again. Sting me once I don't come back for seconds [;)] Want the Platinum sound back buy some V-caps. Heck I use the Russian Mil spec film and foils in my amps and love them.

Craig