More Bose Bashing... or is that a copywrited term...

Ray Garrison

Okay, this has gotten ridiculous.

Harman just lost an appeal they lodged against a previous decision against them in a suit brought by Bose.

Bose suited Harman because the ports in the Harman speakers were elliptical instead of circular. It seems Bose owns a patent on the ellipse.

See http://www.stereophile.com/shownews.cgi?1231

I wonder who owns the patent for the circle? Probably an Egyptian company, think they were the first ones to patent the wheel, back in 4500 B.C. or so...

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check out also http://www.geocities.com/trustnoho/bose.htm

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

You know what I hate, is when you talk

to the average schmuck about audio, and the

first thing they bring up is how great Bose

is.

They are like Nazi's, brainwashing people with

propaganda about their products, and then

destroying any sort of threat to their existence.

Thats okay, I'll never buy their products anyway.

I wonder who actually patented the Elliptical port?

Ah, Bose!

Bose be nimbal

Bose be quick

Listen to Bose

It'll make you sick

Cheap little drivers

Pointed here and there

Cheap little drivers

Bouncing sound everywhere

No need of speakers

So large and unsightly

A two-incher will do

And do it up rightly

Just add the magic

Of the little bass box

Boom boom boom

It blows off your socks

So sell off your horns

And make mama happy

Buy her some LifeStyles

So small and so crappy

They don't do the highs

And they can't hit the lows

The bass is disconnected

Of course, it is Bose!

So Amar, dear Amar

Your pencil do sharpen

And call up your lawyers

To keep me from harpin'

But though this verse

May truly be sappy

That starts with an "S"

Bose' patent is on "crappy"

------------------

JDMcCall

LMAO!

that was some great stuff Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

James,

This poem is so true,if "Dr" Bo$e could read this it would make his day. LOL

Mike,

Bo$e is even below the Nazi ideals,its legal ripoff thru brainwash and ignorance.Even Nuance speakers are a bit better then Bo$e! WOW if you knew Nuance you would know just what comes next in line after Bo$e,not only brainwash but forced purchases thru greasy sales reps and cheated Q-sound demos.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ray,

Your idea would spell doom for the audio world!

Bo$e & Joly would create the BoJo...a new hybrid mix of obsolete ideas and piss poor design to give us all

the last word on HOW NOT TO DESIGN SPEAKERS

I did write a e-mail to Joly and they did not respond!

Its was full of comon sense questions,the second e-mail was laced with my special sense of humor.

Did you visit their web page?Its so full of spelling and all sorts of gross errors you will wonder if its funny or may start to cry!

They calim their speakers are THE BEST IN THE WORLD !

Not in this world,even Edison's first gramophone sounded better! cwm27.gif

Bo$e and Joly meet legal ripoff meets outright fantasy

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Wow Ear how right you are about their website! I've been laughing for the last few minutes. I like ow they actually say something to the effect of them experimenting with in-store sales but employees at these said stores were telling customers that Joly speakers suck so now they only deal direct. They also have specs for their "Black Night" speakers listed as(I'm NOT kidding) Efficiency-Low, Sensitivity-High, Distortion-Low, Best Power Pated(sic) Input-8 Watts, Max Input-300 Watts & Suitable Amp-500 Watts. Am I the only one seeing contradictions there? I like their pricing also: Retails for $3500 but actual price is $2000 but most importantly THE WORTH OF SOUND IS $37,700. This is some great stuff. Confuscius say Joly suck ***...get some Klipsch.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Justin... I copied your link http://www.geocities.com/trustnoho/bose.htm

and made a hard copy before it goes away. This should be required reading for anyone with reguard to the REAL truth behind Bose.

I know we are all Klipsch fanatics. It is just good to have someone enlighten the futue or present Bose customer with the truth in thier $1,000 dollar plus investments. ( worth $200 if that IMO)

I will admit though, a friend did install one of those systems in his SUV... left front, center, right front, two more in the rear and a sub cabinet in the rear too. It Rocks..when loud.. but hey it is like the site said..in a SUV or small test site...( 3 feet or less ) just about anything sounds good loud too.. Just my 2 cents.

Glad to know you liked the link...

check out this! LoL!

quote:

We guarantee that our Joly speakers can use least for 10 years.

Their life expectancy is over 20 years.

(We guarantee that we will fix them for free after 10 years of your purchase of the speakers.)

The differences between the Joly speakers and the traditional speakers

We set the following prices according to the prices of the same speakers sold

in the European countries and the US

Note: a. Before our speakers on the market, their wholesale prices is 50% of their suggested retail prices.

b. If you can find any product that beats our price(s), we will give you a set of that speakers for free

(limited: one time).

c. We have been offering US$10,000 for anybody who can find speakers that have better sound quality

than ours (their prices have to be less than our prices). From 1994 till now, nobody won the prize!

so, who wants to claim the $10,000 first? LoL!

------------------

-justin

this is a great link too....

http://www.harmone.com/resources/equipment/speakers.html

quote:

Bose-Wide range of audio products, most notably speakers. Huge marketing presence. Products mostly detested by audiophiles. 

------------------

-justin

Joly hmmmm......Looks like I have seen these guys driving a Ryder truck ,in the parking lot at Walmart, trying to sell me some 900 dollar speakers each for 500 for the pair......LOL>.. NOT

Beware of bogus ads like this. They make legit speaker manufacturers and retail outlets look like liars. Besides, who would even have this line in thier store anyhow. I know it is a joke... But in College a friend bought one of these speaker "Deals" thinking he got a great deal... One didn't have the midrange even hooked up, and the speaker cabinets over a 2 month time fell apart, being glued particle board and in the sun they cracked and literally cracked open falling apart in his dorm room.

I am amazed things like this survive...

WOW! I can't believe anyone would put out such CRAP!

We just got home from Sam's Club (member warehouse). I took a good look at the Bloze 401's at $250 per pair. What JUNK! Real coarse particle board covered with cheap simulated wood grain vinyl. Then I pulled off the cheap grills to peek at the "drivers". Just like the review said, the "woofer" was made out of what looked like construction paper. It was not treated with anything. I took my fingernail and lightly scraped the paper and my nail left a mark! Oh my god! Then I looked at the tweeter. Holy **** ! The dust cap felt like saran wrap. I GENTLY pressed on it and it COLLAPSED! They have to be the cheapest speakers I have ever seen for $250 a pair! Especially considering I just bought a BRAND NEW PAIR OF KG 3.5'S FOR $300.00 INCLUDING TAX!!!! These Bloze people should be run out of town on a rail, preferably the center rail!

Oosting----Well ole PWK got some pretty good sound from cheap drivers: those budget CTS and Eminence woofers, that bargain-basement Atlas bullhorn driver and the relatively cheap EV T-35s (let's not even talk about those University drivers he used, real junk) sounded damn fine when he was through with them. Besides, to an Altec or JBL guy almost ALL speakers use cheap, shoddy drivers. :-)You look at the compression drivers on the new Klipsches and compare them to JBL compresssion drivers they look like toys. I've heard some decent Bose speakers, not good but decent. But you gotta remember that I think very few speakers are good and very few are better than Bose in any fundamental way.

Joly and their bogus claims.

These clowns are even below Bo$e!They claim to best high-end speakers with their deception(bad one)and pure fantasy.

I am ready to pit my Dynaudio Contour 3.3 against their best any day...take note for the test they will put their greasy fingers in the tweeters and kick the woofers and punch the midranges.On my speakers!

After they will start the test. LOL

Ah I better pit the RF-7's,at least the tweeter membrane sits protected!

Joly is a simple practical joke.

Bo$e sounds good! Wait I heard that...in some ad.

TBrennan,

Yes Klipsch's designs used not what I would call High-End drivers and most Klipsch still use "regular" drivers.As for the sound,magic if you look at the parts(drivers).The man knows how to bring the best from any driver.

TheEAR(s) Now theears