NFL..TaDa

hammertop

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OB-I knew there was something I liked about you besides your posts!

I guess I am going on about 30 years of Cowboy love too. I think they can run the table all the way to the Super Bowl. Those Pats are going to be trouble. I was pretty pleased with how they played them last time and they still ended up getting killed.

Good one against the skins, though, a couple of weeks ago. They just would not go away!

You guys have the NFL network? What a rip.

I couldn't help but notice the FOX telecast making mention of this situation - on about a half dozen occasions.....such as comments from Terry Bradshaw that "13 people will be watching" and so forth. These guys were taking some shots at the NFL openly, on a level I'm not used to seeing on a nationwide NFL network telecast.

This is how entities/leagues that get too big for thier britches "jump the shark". They see themselves as so important that folks will just drop current services and buy whatever satellite provider offers this network. Now I LIKE the concept of what the NFL Network offers otherwise, but this network isn't sufficiently "saturated" to be showing the biggest regular season NFC game this year.

It's much the same with the "Sunday Ticket" subscription package. Does the NFL realize what revenues they are missing out on by not offering this on ALL cable and satellite systems? I won't switch to DirecTV (especially now that Murdoch owns it), but would subscribe to Sunday Ticket if it were offered on my local cable system.

If the NFL keeps this up, they will soon succeed in ruining what has become a defacto national holiday - Super Bowl Sunday. What's next - Super Bowl pay-per-view at $99.95?? I see a similar parallel with the audio/video/media business: Those in charge of it angering the core of thier enthusiast community to a point where it ceases to become as important to the majority of the populace. If you pi$$ off the core enthusiasts, the masses will soon follow.

The NFL is making a HUGE mistake with this.

Pay for View Super Bowl is coming .......... The NFL about 8 years ago stated No pay for view for 10 years, guess what, 2 more years and it's 10 years. It's a long road to nowhere, NFL pay for view, it would make me stop watching, same with Base Ball ............... NO Pay for Views ............ I can hardly afford Heating Oil, never mind paying to watch Sports ...................... Then comes NASCAR Pay for View ............... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

NFL is riding high now and agreed will be making a huge mistake by taking this thing pay per view. The NFL network situation is a mixed bag. When I upgraded to High Def from comcast, the NFL network was free for 2 years, then it became an optional fee station. From what I have read the NFL wants Comcast and other cable companies to provide the NFL network for free (basically increase the basic fees to you and I). I will not pay an additional fee to watch a sporting event.

OB-I knew there was something I liked about you besides your posts!

I guess I am going on about 30 years of Cowboy love too. I think they can run the table all the way to the Super Bowl. Those Pats are going to be trouble. I was pretty pleased with how they played them last time and they still ended up getting killed.

Good one against the skins, though, a couple of weeks ago. They just would not go away!

I have also been a Dallas Cowboy fan since childhood (early seventies). I hope that the Patsy's are undefeated and we meet them in the Super Bowl and cut the head off of the cheaters!!! Seriously though, I think if Marion "The Barbarian" Barber III was cut loose on them it would be a much closer game. Keep Brady and Moss on the sideline watching MBIII run!

Coach Landry is still watching .................... The only NFC team that could play with the AFC in the 70's.......Aren't they the only NFC team to win a SuperBowl in the 70's ? ............... I'm not sure New England will make the SuperBowl .......... If the Colts get back to Full strength, they'll be hard to beat. I just have doubt about Wade Phillips, wish Parcells was there, but he's not ................. I still contend Dallas needs a loss or two before the Play-offs, before their heads get too big ..............

Coach Landry is still watching .................... The only NFC team that could play with the AFC in the 70's.......Aren't they the only NFC team to win a SuperBowl in the 70's ? ............... I'm not sure New England will make the SuperBowl .......... If the Colts get back to Full strength, they'll be hard to beat. I just have doubt about Wade Phillips, wish Parcells was there, but he's not ................. I still contend Dallas needs a loss or two before the Play-offs, before their heads get too big ..............

I don't think it's Phillips thats making this happen, it's Jason Garrett. We have had great coaches recently, but crap for offensive coordinators. Now we just need Phillips to stay out the way.

I have DirecTV. The NFL network just became available in HD. Being a Cowboy fan in Chicago I am used to paying for Sunday ticket although that has increased in price too. I did get the superfan HD upgrade ($100) for free this year. They did not automatically renew me so when I called in to activate they were quick to hook me up for free.

I don't think Indy is beating the Pat's they had there chance...and blew it...

Thats what makes it so hard to like the Pats. They have great players but their fans and coach need to learn some "CLASS".

They need 2 touchdowns with 7mins left in the game to pull out the win with all of the Colts injuries and yet the fans think they had it all the time. Unreal!

Thats what makes it so hard to like the Pats. They have great players but their fans and coach need to learn some "CLASS".

They need 2 touchdowns with 7mins left in the game to pull out the win with all of the Colts injuries and yet the fans think they had it all the time. Unreal!

Wow that felt like a dig...So up by 2 td's with 7 min left isn't blowing it...

Wow that felt like a dig...So up by 2 td's with 7 min left isn't blowing it...

Well with the injuries they were fortunate to be up 10 with 7 mins to go is the way I was looking at it. You see it as "blowing it" fair enough. But the comment that "Indy isn't beating the Pats because they had their chance" is just a little over the top for such a slim victory with the Colts crippled. I think its an arragont attitude to take but I see that with all Pats fans I talk with. And that is just my experience so others may vary.

Alot of good teams as OB says could win any game. And yes your Pats are looking great and could very well go 16-0.