CARTRIDGE RECOMMENDATION

jim m

Anyone using or listen to any of the the Benz micro cartridge's?

I was talking today to a delar in Cammbrige mass that likes them over the Grados for the same money.

I think they start around 200 for the Japan factory made and 1000 for the Swiss hand made.

They also offer a upgrade trading program which can save big $$$ .

I have a sme 3009 improved that needs a cartridge so I am also looking in the 500 - range.

I replaced my DL-103 with a DL-103R and couldn't be happier! I can tell you right now that you won't find a better cartridge for less than $800 - $1K if your phono stage can handle lomc, which it appears it can. If you want details, clarity, big soundstage, quiet background and a very musical cartridge, then look no further. My system really opened up as soon as I played my first album. I'll bet I still don't have 30 hours on this cart yet, and it amazes me everyday.

I know nothing about the Dyna's so can't compare the two, but it sounds like your mind is made up. Good luck...

Mike

Maybe I missed it but I do not think that he mentioned what tone arm he is using. The mass of the tone arm makes a huge difference in what cartridge he should use. If his arm is medium to high mass the Denon 103R is really really tough to beat in my estimation. I go back and forth between my Shelter 901 and the 103R and have to say that it is hard to justify the significant cost difference. The Shelter is more refined but it's list is also 5X what you would pay for a 103R

Josh

OK... I THINK I'VE MADE A DECISION. I'M LOOKING FOR THE BEST DEAL I CAN FIND ON A DYNAVECTOR KARAT.

I HEARD IT AND COULDN'T BELIEVE THE CLARITY. SO IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET A GOOD DEAL ON ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

You can't go wrong with Dynavector, I have a 10x5 which is the low end of their line and I couldn't be happier. The reason I recommended the Denon 103R, is the bang for the buck factor can't be beat.

I have since received my DL 103R and it is much better than the Dynavector in my system.