Typo

fini

I try to aviod commenting about spelling errors and typos as I make my fair share and then some and quite often udpate my posts to correct said errors.

I often also find myself clicking ignore on mispelled words when using a spell chekker - is that a user error or has my brain rotted beyond repair?

• Moderators

Aoccdrnig
to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer
be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it
wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Things also get interesting when writing can be translated more than one way. True story:

When I was a child, and interested in such things as how long it took to ride around the block, or to my friend's house, I asked for a watch for my birthday. My grandmother, who lived on the opposite coast, suggested that my parents take me watch shopping, and that she would pay for it. I still remember the day, looking at the selection of watches, and picking a blue Timex with a sweeping second hand. In those days (still should), my parents made me write thank-you notes for every present, and I was happy to write this one!

"Dear Granny,

Thank you for the second hand watch.

Love, your grandson (as if she didn't know),

Chris"

It took my dad a few minutes on the phone with his mother, to figure out why she was so bent out of shape over his buying me a "used" watch, as a present from her!