Looking for Cornwalls North East ..

oldbuckster

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin' Larry ..................... No I haven't done it yet, .... TODAY is the day, no one home but me, peace and quiet, until I'm done. Will write about my hearings in a couple of days. Soon as the wife leaves, operation switch xovers begins, ... must take my time, be careful, and not be an impatient Bull, and break something .............

OK, I'm a little burned out right now, non-stop listening, thought they sounded good when I got them home, disconnected the sub, and just listened. The more I listened it sounded good, BUT sounded kinda' like everything was running or bleeding into each other. The louder I turned it up the more Muddled the sound became, to be honest with you guys, with alot of volume, my heresy II's sounded better ,NO [bs]. Had been toying with the idea of getting another CD player, but between the Voices in my head, and Harryo telling me, change the crossovers, change the crossovers, and wanting a pair of Crites Xovers, on the phone I go, get ahold of Mr. Crites, place my order, Bob says, he doesn't stock those type xovers, would be a couple of days before he'd get to them. OK, fine, good things are worth waiting for ........... EH ! This was Tuesday, by that Friday, they were delivered to my house. You talk about good honest service, Thanks Bob ...... Didn't put them in that day, continued to use them with old crossovers all week-end, kinda' afraid to touch them, I'm a bullish Klutz, and didn't want to break anything. My Buddy came over Monday, I had the old ones out, tried to tighten all screws while backs were off, 1984's and not one screw was even loose, at all, clean and neat on the inside, just like Brand New. Got those new Bad Boys in, relistened to the same music I listened to all week-end, and all I can really say is ................."WOW" ... "OH MY GOD, are those the same speakers I just bought in New Hampshire ?" ............... " THESE FORKERS ARE AWESOME" ........ So, Am I a happy oldbuckster? ............. YUP ! ...... There is Great Joy in Bucksterville, .... indeed. A very nice pair of Cornwalls just became an awesome pair of Cornwalls. At first I doubted the whole trip to get them, but now, it's all worth it, it was a good purchase, the xovers are icing on the cake. My buddy is now pissed, he has to find a pair now, snicker, snicker. So now I have a new formula ...............Scott 299-D + Cornwalls = [:D] ........ROCK and ROLL MUSIC TO THE WORLD ................

Arky, why yes I did, for about a month ..... the La Scalas also had BEC xovers , they sounded good, but they just took up more room on the floor, to be totally honest, they took over the room, and sounded best, oh boy here comes trouble, with a sub woofer. Please remember, at that time, I was running a Sony Receiver, the Scott was not here yet, So, I never got to hear them with tubes. Bottom line here, They didn't fit my needs, They were too big for the location, I really perfer Grilles on the fronts, don't like open speakers, that's just me ...........

The Cornwalls, on the other hand, fit right in the room, don't stick out too far, and they look good. Really had wanted Khorns, but just think they are more work than I want. I know I made the right choice, I was on the fence, wondering why I bought them, then the crossovers came, put them in, and now I know why I bought them. I have resisted hooking up the sub, but I'm weaking, I do miss it, the Cornwalls give plenty of bass response, better than the La Scala's that were here, hands down. So, the Cornwalls are a much better fit for me, and my snake-pit, sound great now, and I expect many years of good service, why wouldn't I ............ their KLIPSCH HERITAGE SERIES ................

I will hook it up later, just want to get a feel for them without it. They sounded good when I got them, but they have become wicked speakers with those Crites xovers, well worth the money spent. The B-3 crossovers cost more than the others, but I don't care. I set aside a budget, got the speakers, got the crossovers, plus the expense, and time to get them, and I came in on budget ....... The only problem, I had a urge to get some new CD's, so I did, ones I've been looking for and couldn't find until now ................. Bucksterville is a happy place .......... right now !!!!!!!!!!

OB,

Great to hear that you are now enjoying the Cornwalls with the new crossovers. I was fortunate to pick up a pair of vertical Cornwalls with Bob's crossovers already installed, thanks Budman. I have to tell you that they replace my Heresy I's with original crossovers and they sounded unbelievable. So the next thing that I did was send out my Heresy crossovers to Bob and had them back within a week. Now I have two different two-channel setups and can't get enough. I don't know which room to be in, so many speaker not enough time.

Congratulations Again,

James

I'm sure if they came from BUDMAN they are in nice shape, ................ My H2's are only two years old, they don't need anything, but I have toyed with the idea if getting the Xovers in my KG4's done, owned since nice, probably due. I can't believe the amount of KG4's I see for sale, 7/8 out of 10 $200-$250 a pair, mine are pristine, wonder what they would bring, oh well, another thing for another day, just enjoying the Cornwalls ..... Wicked Nice ... and let me say this, then I'm gone, I wish everyone would run their business the way Bob Crites runs his, a pleasure to do business with, and a Gentleman, Too !!!