Palladium Review

Amy

Loudspeaker 1/08

Klipsch palladium

The palladium is the most ambitious Klipsch project for well 60 years

Music needs dynamics, and now and then it must exercise force also times correctly.

Only the interrelation of loud and quiet notes, the fine stresses, in addition, the overwhelming thing, all other senses switching off showers arouse music to the life. Without dynamics it would be as exciting as a Handy Klingelton.

So far are itself all united. There are different opinions against it to the question, to what extent one may make compromises with other important HiFi criteria, in order to maximize the dynamics.

Klipsch always took a radical position in this discussion. Whereby „always “here 60 years means. So long is the legendary Klipschorn (with one „h “!) Galionsfigur in the model program and epitome of an unusual value canon: Dynamics, dynamics and again dynamics should the company supply, Paul Klipsch in the year 1946 to Hope, Arkansas based - fit-proved on a former artillery test area.

The Klipschorn is built further, it further skirt fans in Ekstase will shift and sensitive classical period listeners will mad-shock. But immediately „ ' orn “almost, an ultramodern Enkelkind equivalent expensive with 16.000 euro stands to the side, who is to connect Klipsch typical elementary force for the first time with genuine universality. Its name: Palladium P-39 F.

A naval force of smaller models will follow. But naturally it is incumbent on the flagship to prove in this world-wide first test that the US firm plays at the same time not only dynamically, but in all other HiFi criteria on world class level.

Like already in and the 50's 40's the developed Klipsch classical authors works also the palladium with horn support within the medium high clay/tone range. Horns discolour? Not, if one designs it correctly. Here unbelievable has itself done in the last years…

Does those reach palladium the ambitious goal? And where does it position itself in the audio good list? The complete test - with result audiogram, the AUDIO acoustic assistant, the column „fairs + hearing “as well as the judgements of a reader jury - to be able it to reread in AUDIO 1/08. Or here downloaden for 1,20 euro.

The two explaining contributions to the box system of evaluation and to the AUDIO acoustic assistant, Part 1 and Part 2, you receive as free down load.

Bernhard Rietschel

PARTS 1 AND 2 Are not about Klipsch.........

post-4626-13819354543424_thumb.gif

I want to see a back-to-back Klipschorn versus Palladium review at some point. At twice the price of the Khorns the Palladium should be something special. And yet, while the Khorn from the bass on up is a fully horn-loaded speaker, the Palladium uses "standard" ported speakers for the bass. Klipsch seems to have compromised its ideal of a full-range horn-loaded speaker. Perhaps for good business reasons, but that still saddens one somewhat after 60-odd years of "the mighty Klipschorn."

Amy or anyone at Klipsch: can you say anything about this? What differences (apart from the Palladium's arguably more pleasant dimensions) do YOU (Klipsch) see objectively between the new big Palladium and your venerable (modern) Klipschorn? What sonic differences specifically?

• Moderators

Amy or anyone at Klipsch: can you say anything about this? What differences (apart from the Palladium's arguably more pleasant dimensions) do YOU (Klipsch) see objectively between the new big Palladium and your venerable (modern) Klipschorn? What sonic differences specifically?

I'm not sure you'll ever see a true back to back A/B comparison between the two speakers (we haven't even done it here yet). They are just different, and not meant to compete with one another. If that were the case, we'd replace the Khorn with these, and we are not.

Damon did hear the 60th Khorns in the morning (which are closer in price point than the standard Khorns) when he came to visit, then we switched them out for the Palladiums during lunch so he could hear those in the afternoon. Perhaps he will give his opinions on what he heard, even though it wasn't a true A/B test.

All that said, you are going to get very different opinions from folks on these, in and out of Klipsch, depending on where their heart lies--which I have already seen. But that's true with about anything.

For me personally, I wouldn't turn away a pair of Khorns, but if I was forced to take just one set home.....it would be the P-39F. But then again, I'm a chick :) I simply find them to be more pleasing, visually and acoustically.

It seems like a market niche business move. Too much lost business to Coincident, et al where the mere size and placement requirements of the Khorn discounts it audio performance. The true test I suppose would be to compare similar designs between manufacturers to see what a 60 year legacy can bring to the table.

I've worked with many foreign Navys, from Germans, this translatates to "PDG", even Outstanding. Everytime we play in their park we are the away team, and to get this kind of praise from them, is quite good. Now the trick is to get this known in the USA.