My Wife Bought Me Jubs for Christmas!!!

Me Loves Khorns

Great reading! I'm really excited for you, just following your posts. Try to keep your pix down to below 200kb if you can, though.

I'll envy your son if he gets the Scalas. I have a pair and I like them a lot, but I didn't get them until I was in my 50's. Having them as a teen would have totally rocked, as the kids say...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great reading! I'm really excited for you, just following your posts. Try to keep your pix down to below 200kb if you can, though.

I'll envy your son if he gets the Scalas. I have a pair and I like them a lot, but I didn't get them until I was in my 50's. Having them as a teen would have totally rocked, as the kids say...

How do you change the resolution, or whatever, of the pictures? I just now figured out how to post them. Let me know how to adjust that.

Thanks, Paul

How do you change the resolution, or whatever, of the pictures? I just now figured out how to post them. Let me know how to adjust that.

I think you simply do the opposite of what you do at work...when you dilate those thing-a-ma-jammies.....[:$]

Ok, might depend on what you have on your pc.

Find picture (in windows explorer is how I do it), right click on picture and see if 'edit' is part of the choices. Bring them up in an editor, somewhere might be resize then either save them or (to keep the original intact), click "save as" and give them a new name.

I've done it in different programs so as best I know, it depends on what program you might have as to the exact steps (one program I've seen simply says "resize for internet use" or something like that....kind of an easy button.

When you 'Save as Jpeg', you usually have a slider that lets you select the file size and quality. 10 or 12 is best quality, but setting it between 7 and 9 will get the file size down below 200kb, which is plenty big enough for Web posting.

If you know how to re-size the image, size it to 800 pixels in its longest dimension (height if it's a vertical, width if it's a horizontal) and it will fit onscreen properly. Re-size before saving, if you have the re-sizing option.

You mean they are bigger than the Acoustimas speakers?

It has been a while since I was in Hope, the memory is well, not so perfect...

She did want to know what the deal with the Palladiums were. Said they were the most beautiful speaker she has ever seen...

Paul

Maybe you should get her some Palladiums.... Congratulations!

OK, was up last night till about 2 am hooking them up, getting everything rewired, etc. Had about 2 hours of listening then. Listened to my cd player on the McIntosh tubes mainly. Have it set up to where I can bo from SS pre to tube pre, and from tubes to SS on the HF horns. The LF is always hooked into the SS amp. They sound absolutely wonderful! My wife said its the best she has ever heard! I tend to agree with her on that! She doesn't mind the look. They blend in somewhat with the black cabinents and tv they are near. She is not insisting on the being dolled up or anything. She said, well, they are what they are, and they sound great.... Now, there is a difference in sound between the tubes and the SS on the top. It is similar to the differences that i noted on the Khorns. Tubes more mellow, laid back. To my ears a bit more pleasant than the SS up there on cd music. SS was still certainly good, just more bright. Now, i am listening to all SS on HF and LF with the SS pre/pro HT MX134 with a concert recorded on my DVR. It sounds wonderful in both surround sound, with the khorns in the back and Heresy III in front. In comparison to the Khorns... More definition. My wife says they are mellow, warm and detailed. I am not really into big ole audiophile type words, so just using words that seem to make sense... i agree. There is certainly more bass presence. I had and still have a JF audio f113 sub which goes deep and loud with very nice sound. With the khorns, i could definitiely tell when it was on and off. Now, to be honest, when it is on or off, not much of an overall difference. Will have to play with adjustments a bit. I have not listened to movie yet to tell on action movies with explosions yet to see if there is a difference. The ev active unit was easy to set up once hooked into computer, downloaded files from Coyotee, thanks dude! Well, i am typing on wife's laptop in the den with the speakers... Paul