Wall of Voodoo moves into it's new home

Groomlakearea51

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish I would've known about that kind of wire about a year ago when a had a porcelin tile floor layed.

The ghost wiring is also designed to run along above, or behind baseboards. It has a peel off sticky back (the pink side) and the front side is designed for painting. You could remove the baseboards (at least partially) and put in behind the boards. We thought about that, but decided that since there are four strips headed towards each wall to run it under the floor underlay. The thickness is about that of a 3x5 card (not very thick). I taped it at intervals, but did not "stick it" to allow for flooring movement and expansion contraction, etc.

I just wish I would've known about that kind of wire about a year ago when a had a porcelin tile floor layed.

The ghost wiring is also designed to run along above, or behind baseboards. It has a peel off sticky back (the pink side) and the front side is designed for painting. You could remove the baseboards (at least partially) and put in behind the boards.

Marshall,

Where is this "ghost wire" available from ?

Thanks,
Wade

Looking good Marshall. I hope to start on the expansion of our media room this spring.

I was down near you place last week while traveling across the state to Ft Myers for my son's hockey tournament. Next time, if I have some advanced warning, maybe I can make arrangements to stop by for a chat and listen. It's always nice to meet Klipsch folks.

Oh well, it was too good to last..... The computers have the Realtek Audio system and good sound boards installed, and the output cabling for the sound boards arrived today; So hooked 'em up through the ESS connector system to the amps, and thus the Cornwalls and Klipschorns. Very fine, especially for the ocassional streaming, and putting together playlists, etc.

I was enjoying my new Man Cave (as everyone suggested...); took a break, walked out and when I returned, the system was punching out Blaqk Audio's "Semiotic Love".... My daughter is sitting at her work station, big grin, working the mixer, i-Tunes, whatever, etc.... "What's going on?" I ask.....

"Thank You Daddy!!! My music sounds so much better through the Klipsch speakers".[A]

A passing moment? No Sir!!!! To be the nice "Daddy", I go out, clean the pool, get ready to cut wood for side panels, and start on a Forum member's Heresy's (veneer arrives tomorrow or Monday). In other words occupy myself until my Man Cave is vacated... I come back in an hour later, and now the place is overflowing with "wimmin"; playing "wimmin stuff" through the computer and through my Man Cave system....

Oh well... I'm glad they are happy; after all it's a multi purpose room... Now just to make out that Man Cave Schedule....

I'm not going to even TRY to predict the outcome of this siteachin!

[;)][:P][:o][:D]

Have you considered moving a pair of KHorns down to the bay and just stretchin out on an F-470 or two? Or you could just move the MOAZ in and camp out!

[:P]

Sorry, couldn't resist! I'll try to be quiet now! [:D]

Yup!!! I have all intention that when I get finished with that pair of K'horns in the shop, I'm gonna' take them down to the bay, put up a couple of false 4x8 corners sit back in the MOAZ, and rock out..... Inflate a couple 470's (sorta like big bean bags chairs?) scattered around. Let's talk acoustics[6].... 12' ceiling, 2000 square feet, the 2" insulation board on the bay doors? Could be seriously impressive!!!

Dream the Possible Dream...[H]